Would you consider this the best Batman Movie?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've not seen it so I can't really say either way. I don't watch much animated stuff any more unless the girlfriend's niece and nephew are around.

Given what Batman movies I have seen, I'd say The Dark Knight or Batman (from 1989) would be my favorites.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've not seen it so I can't really say either way. I don't watch much animated stuff any more unless the girlfriend's niece and nephew are around.

Given what Batman movies I have seen, I'd say The Dark Knight or Batman (from 1989) would be my favorites.

I saw the Mask of the Phantasm either or Netflix or one of the streaming services. It is by far a good movie. It's funny because I thought the same thing at first, animated = kiddie stuff, but it was a well fleshed out story. I really feel like you get the best batman that can ever be betrayed on the big screen because it was not dark just to be dark (Batman v Superman).

Wasn't this Batman (animated) based or inspired by the 1989 Batman Movie?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Could very well be, though I'm unaware of the link. I do remember the animated series initially coming out back in the mid-'90s or so.

Okay, I just looked it up...yeah, the series does appear to be inspired by the Batman movies that Tim Burton directed. And the series started even earlier than I thought, and ended earlier than I thought. For some reason I thought maybe the series was still ongoing but I guess they're just replaying the series on the various cartoon networks.

But yes, I have heard it definitely seems like a more "grown-up" cartoon than something for just little kids.