Would you consider this the best Batman Movie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, May 17, 2016.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,934

2. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +281
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I've not seen it so I can't really say either way. I don't watch much animated stuff any more unless the girlfriend's niece and nephew are around.

Given what Batman movies I have seen, I'd say The Dark Knight or Batman (from 1989) would be my favorites.

3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,934
    I saw the Mask of the Phantasm either or Netflix or one of the streaming services. It is by far a good movie. It's funny because I thought the same thing at first, animated = kiddie stuff, but it was a well fleshed out story. I really feel like you get the best batman that can ever be betrayed on the big screen because it was not dark just to be dark (Batman v Superman).

Wasn't this Batman (animated) based or inspired by the 1989 Batman Movie?

4. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +281
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    Could very well be, though I'm unaware of the link. I do remember the animated series initially coming out back in the mid-'90s or so.

Okay, I just looked it up...yeah, the series does appear to be inspired by the Batman movies that Tim Burton directed. And the series started even earlier than I thought, and ended earlier than I thought. For some reason I thought maybe the series was still ongoing but I guess they're just replaying the series on the various cartoon networks.

But yes, I have heard it definitely seems like a more "grown-up" cartoon than something for just little kids.