Would u have gotten the charge?

jeremycnly

Reaction score
With all the hoops you have to jump through just to make the phone operable through the day is what turns me off with this phone, especially with the year old hardware, on top of the GPS and Reboot issues.... Ridiculous. Waiting for the GS II or the Bionic, one of the flagships...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Beardface

Reaction score
With all the hoops you have to jump through just to make the phone operable through the day is what turns me off with this phone, especially with the year old hardware, on top of the GPS and Reboot issues.... Ridiculous. Waiting for the GS II or the Bionic, one of the flagships...

Ahh yes, look... the Anti-TB troll is back...

tc3

Reaction score

Why does someone pointing out the obvious make them a troll?

Do you realize how badly people would be constantly screwed over in all aspects of consumerism if they just kept their mouth shut and dealt with products that are either released broken or unfinished or broken later by the same company that released the product?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score

All this guy has ever done since the TBolt has been released is come on this board and tell us how we're all idiots for ever thinking of purchasing the device.

I'm tired of his crap.

jeremycnly

Reaction score

All this guy has ever done since the TBolt has been released is come on this board and tell us how we're all idiots for ever thinking of purchasing the device.

I'm tired of his crap.

I never said all Tbolt were idiots, I just said you were an idiot :)

You and that Kleen guy run around saying the Thunderbolt is a perfect and as equalivent to the Droid in its day... whilst battery life and reboot problems are flooding your forums....yea any ways back on topic please

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I'm tired of his crap.

You and that Kleen guy run around saying the Thunderbolt is a perfect and as equalivent to the Droid in its day... whilst battery life and reboot problems are flooding your forums....yea any ways back on topic please

Do you or have owned a tbolt?

ridin the lighting

Beardface

Reaction score

I'm tired of his crap.

Do you or have owned a tbolt?

ridin the lighting
Nope... He has "a friend" who bought the thing and returned it because of issues...

Yeah, I know... smells fishy to me as well

tc3

Reaction score
Says sent from his Droid so I'm guessing no.

I have one and despite the terrible battery life I and little things lime Skype getting marketed with the phone then yanked at the last minute I actually really liked the phone.

But with the new glitches,reboots and data signal loss I would advise people not to buy the thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score

I'm tired of his crap.

Of any phone that is out or will be coming out from here on out, the TBolt is most like the OG Droid of any of them? Why? Because you are able to load up custom ROMs and kernals... something that will be impossible with most if not all future devices, especially those coming from Moto. Sure, you'll be able to root future Droids, but you won't have anywhere near the flexibility and freedom you had with the Droid, and that is what you get on the TBolt.

Just try to argue that one. Just try, and then we'll see who comes out looking like an idiot.

As for the battery life threads... Eliminated since the update. Sure, some people have issues just like some people had issues with every OTA that came out for the Droid. Happens on every device. The reboots? Sure, thats a problem, but will be fixed with the highest of urgency by Verizon and HTC. But hey, what can we expect from a troll such as yourself who picks and chooses which threads to follow to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside for not getting this awesome device and coming here on a daily basis to tell us all that we suck and are morons because we did.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sorry for the long post

In my opinion, the reboot issue is being exaggerated here...and it seems to be by people who dont even own a tbolt.

Ive had the phone for about a week. I have had a total of 3 reboots in that time period. This was not an issue until the most recent OTA update. This issue will be corrected with an OTA update (which probably wont take that long considering the amount of customers complaining). Other than this SOLITARY issue (which is going to be resolved in due time), the Tbolt runs like a champ.

Battery life is not friggen awesome, but most android devices dont get awesome battery life with use. Not that much has to be done to save battery. Even stock you can turn off sync stocks, sync facebook, and sync news...that will save battery. Increase the weather sync time to 1 hour during peak, 2 during off peak time....set it to refresh on opening. When you are home, turn on your wifi. Turn your 4g off when you dont really need it (ie not streaming tv, radio, or a movie). For the battery drain, custom rom, underclocking with screen off...and app settings tweaks...battery life is fair. Its not like 3 hours or anything. Geez...so your phone will last you anywhere from 6-12 hours stock...depending on use and settings. Seen times of around 14 hours plus with custom roms. To ME that is acceptable for my use.

The bottomline is...nobody is an idiot for the phone they chose. Everyone has a preference. Many of us have been here for a long time and on the D1...and several of us have assisted with dev testing on plenty of phones and theme works as well. Im pretty sure we know the ins and outs of the phone more thoroughly that someone whos "friend" bought a phone and returned it...doesnt own one...and highly likely doesnt even know adb well enough to root the phone.

I believe I will take my own opinions, and that of the well known contributing members of DF community over the friend of a friend who bought one and couldnt stand it so much...their friend returned it.

I am going to stick with my tbolt...hell it has near 2k quad scores out of the box...and a following of developers behind the phone. Im gonna rock it for the next two years more than likely. Other than buying a 1600 ma battery...and customizing the phone myself...I dont even have to do much to it.

Just think...hopefully soon we will be streaming movies from our netflix accounts directly to this huge display with the phone on its kickstand...all through 4g....and pausing it to answer a call...go onto the internet while on the call w/o even turning on wifi. and you will still be posting about how much the tbolt sucks because your friends friends friend returned one, and having to use your wifi when on a call if you want to access the web. :)

Last edited:

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Ah......

I'm tired of his crap.

Ah...... the perfect time for me to chime in, since I own both the Droid and the TB. It's unfair to compare these two phones to each other because they obviously came out at different time when different things were considered to be good. The competition that the Droid and the TB have to face based on their respective release dates don't even compare. The Droid didn't have any serious competition compared to the TB right now. Not to take anything away from the Droid because I couldn't find hardly anything that I would change about the phone back in its day. The Droid set the original bar and it did a good job of that, but the expectations weren't as high for the Droid as they are for the TB and all other android phones that followed.

Did the Droid have it's fair share of problems? Yes it did.

Where they as annoying as the TB problems are? No they aren't but again, the expections are much higher now.

Does the GPS on the TB suck compared to the Droid? Yes it does and this is my only complaint because I can't address the issue myself nor should I have to.

How do the battery lifes compare between the Droid and TB? Not a easy question to answer because the Droid has a much small screen and weaker processor than the TB. I will say that when overclocking became popular for the Droid, battery life did become a major topic for the Droid.

How are the performance for both the Droid and TB in their day? Well the Droid's performance was great because it was being compared to dumb phones mostly at the time. The TB performance is also considered great when you look at the fact that it's still using a single core processor and are putting up according to my own device 1800+ quandrant scores while being stock. If you compare the TB to other single core phones that are 1GHz and higher it would be hard to argue that the performance isn't great.

Quandrant scores for stock single core devices 1GHz and up along with a rooted overclocked @ 1.25GHz Droid running BB.

Thunderbolt--with a 1GHz processor 1861 at best (my own device) others have have claimed consistent 1900+ scores
Droid Charge--until I can confirm otherwise 939 at best according to an user who actually went to the store to play with it
Droid X--with a 1GHz processor 1472 at best
Droid 2 with a 1GHz processor 1458 at best
Droid 2 Global with a 1.2GHz processor 1709 at best.
Nexus One with a 1GHz processor 1580 at best
Droid--with a 550MHz processor overclocked to 1.25GHz 1826 at best

Point I'm trying to make is they come from two different eras and can't accurately be compared to each other for the reasons I listed above amongst many others.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I agree with Beardface regarding the TB being the closest device available to offering the freedom that the Droid offered in regards to overclocking and installing custom ROMs. I'm also with yakitori regarding the random reboots. I think I only had one random reboot since I upgraded on the most recently released date and I wasn't even using the phone, so it wasn't a big deal. Things can sometimes easily be exaggerated especially when you have multiple users that report the same thing no matter how many times it happens. That's not to say there isn't a problem with some of the user's TB. I can vouch for all sorts of issues taking place with various users after upgrading ROMs on their Droid that other users who upgraded to the same ROM didn't experience. It really boils down to what they are running on their phones and/or the possibility of them have defective hardware or software in their phones.