Would u buy a Certified (pre-owned) bionic?

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Just got off the Verizon website & they are offering certified (pre-owned) bionics for $79. I have a $50 NE2 that would bring the price down to $29. Should I take the plunge with a pre-owned device & be stuck for another 2 years? Or spend the $149 for brand new & be stuck for 2 years?

View attachment 43991

Btw: for a brief moment the Verizon website was showing the razr & gnex for $249 but they fixed it & is now back to $299.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Just got off the Verizon website & they are offering certified (pre-owned) bionics for $79. I have a $50 NE2 that would bring the price down to $29. Should I take the plunge with a pre-owned device & be stuck for another 2 years? Or spend the $149 for brand new & be stuck for 2 years?

Btw: for a brief moment the Verizon website was showing the razr & gnex for $249 but they fixed it & is now back to $299.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

Those are the only two choices? That's like asking should I kiss my older sister or should I kiss my oldest sister? ;)

Neither does anything for me. :D

wilboy

Reaction score
No need to think about it..grab it!!..If you want i'll give you 50 bucks and send it to me!:D

mackiv

Reaction score
Dont think just do it! Trust me. If it sux to u u can always send it back!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rjcapp

Reaction score
Go for it. It's a win win...

catfisher

Reaction score
Well here I am getting ready for my Nexus and now this is in my face. I might just stop screwing around and get a super cheap Bionic. It really is a win win.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

indee2025

Reaction score
So your NE2 is only worth $79-$149 to you? Tsk...Tsk...Tsk...

Don't use your upgrade, instead buy a Bionic off ebay for $300 or less....they're out there all the time...

Then use your NE2 on a newly released device that starts at $199 example would be the iphone 4s, newly released devices go for $675-$800 on ebay, they'll take their fee, paypal will take it's fee you'll spend $10 shipping & insuring it and that will not only pay for your Bionic but net you up to $300 to go play with....

I don't care how rich you are, unless your name is Bill Gates you should want to nab an easy $300 and get the device you want at the same time....

Last edited:

catfisher

Reaction score
What an idea. Thanks man!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
KeepInitReel

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
So your NE2 is only worth $79-$149 to you? Tsk...Tsk...Tsk...

Don't use your upgrade, instead buy a Bionic off ebay for $300 or less....they're out there all the time...

Then use your NE2 on a newly released device that starts at $199 example would be the iphone 4s, newly released devices go for $675-$800 on ebay, they'll take their fee, paypal will take it's fee you'll spend $10 shipping & insuring it and that will not only pay for your Bionic but net you up to $300 to go play with....

I don't care how rich you are, unless your name is Bill Gates you should want to nab an easy $300 and get the device you want at the same time....

Hmmm.......

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've bought my last 4-5 phones off of Craigslist, including my Bionic. I've had great luck and I AM NOT locked into another 2 year contract! :)

mackiv

Reaction score
Hmmm.......

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is actually quite true. Except u didn't mention ( or weren't aware) that verizon now charges you the difference of the retail price, and wtver u paid, subsequentially charging u full price for the fone, if u dont activate purchased fone on the OWNERS account.
HERES THE KICKER!!!!!!
The automated message that told me this, as I signed a second plan this morning( bought another bionic for my wife. Converted her from metro!!!) SPECIFICALLY said this charge will incur if you dont ACTIVATE THE FONE WITHIN 6 DAYS(80% positive it was 6), who's to say u dont deactivate, THEN sell?

I know for sure verizon will now charge u for not activating your new phone on the new-signed contract.

fyi