Would this method work to root?

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We have a couple of good guides on rooting over at our sister site thunderboltforums.com. also plenty of people to help you out if you run into issues.

This thread has been struck by a rooted Thunderbolt.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
It would be best to visit Thunderboltforums, as the method you posted is strictly for Droid 2 and possibly Droid X, which are a totally different rooting game than the HTC phones.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
why not just post the tut on how to root the tbolt rather then send him to another site?

[ROOT] PermRoot + Unlock Bootloader - Safer/Easier 4/21/2011 - xda-developers <~~tut

i dont like the guy who made it but follow the tut word for word and you will be ok there is no need to direct someone to another site in order to root an android phone news flash this is a android based site. and has one of the biggest communities plenty of people here can help just the same.

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I apologize for not posting the tutorial here but it is not a simple 1 or 2 step process. Unfortunately it can be complicated for someone new to the process. Since Tbolt forums is a part of the Droid forums family I thought it best to direct there where there are RS members available to help. I didn't provide a link since I'm on the phone and not at my desk.

This thread has been struck by a rooted Thunderbolt.

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I've used that easy method on the Droid, Droid2, The R2D2, and the new Droid X. Which is why I thought I couldn't hurt to ask about the TBolt.
Thanks guys for the posts! I'll do some more reading.

Sent from my Thunderbolt