would the real droids please stand up

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by verian, May 2, 2010.

1. verian

verian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I really hate that the home page for droid forums is always filled with driod incredible threads that are needlessly there. Should I, Shouldn't I. Bla Bla. Or My phone is better then your/my old phone. The HTC Droid Incapable is not the second coming of the phone God. Its just a phone with alot of potential but needs to be separated so we can actually get down to business on making the Droid all it can be. don't get me wrong I like reading about all the new features and specs but when I go and quick look at a thread on the homepage Its a waste of time cause Its always <droid inc general discussion or someone miss posting in the hacking section. I know its new and cool but your still riding on the droids coat tail untill someone can prove otherwise. Please I don't want to start a big poop talking thread I think there must be others out there that agree. If not then Maybe us and our droids are extinct but I'm never giving up.

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +289
    We have been attempting to take all Incredible posts and move them to the Incredible section only. This will happen every time a new Android comes out. When a new ROM comes out, there's a bunch of threads, when 2.1 rumors or when 2.1 happened, there were a ton of threads.

There is an Incredible site from the owners of DF too:

HTC Incredible Forum

3. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I totally agree, every other post is "I bought an incredible today!!!" "List why you love your incredible" and so on. Its worst that people with iphones. I think its a cool phone and all, but i dont want to wade through pages and pages of "zomg did you know the incredible has a camera?!"

4. verian

verian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured that much and should have shown some restraint there I do apologize to anyone who took that as an attack. I was just frustrated after reading in to a please help thread and finding out it was an incredible question at the end.

5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +289
    It's all good verian. You're a good person and entitled to your opinion and let it out. I always hit "New Posts", and there's no way around seeing the Incredible posts. If you see them in any other section than Incredible, do a report and they'll get moved where they belong. You or the O.P. will not get into trouble over it. It makes it easier for the mod team to get them moved.

6. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Soon it will be I got a new SHADOW, it's freakin' awesome. Followed by, Is the Shadow a better phone than the Incredible? Hehe. It'll settle down in a bit, peeps just need to know the posts belong in the correct sub-forum. I do like having all the Droid sub-forums for different phones, rather than completely different websites, but more work for mods to keep moving posts.

7. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i mean really it aint nothen new imo not knocking it but its just got more ram and no kb....

8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Ehh, I try not to go after the lastest and greatest as there's always a better one down the pike. I do know though, that people get excited about their purchases. I'm afraid that I'd go broke buying a new phone every few months.

That being said, I'll just ignore it until October 2011 when my contract is up and get the newest then. If it was now, I'd probably go with the Incredible, but I ain't gonna change for change sake.

It's funny, I got the Voyager on Day 1 and it was old in a couple of months. Same with my Moto e815 and now the Droid is "old hat." Ah well.

#8 aaf709, May 2, 2010
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  9. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, the Droid won't be old hat until Droid 2 is out. Nothing else as powerful is in the pipeline, with a physical keyboard. And the folks who jumped on the Incredible bandwagon will wish they waited when the Shadow is released. We're all still at the top of the heap with our Droids.

10. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like when it comes to reception and screen quality, the Droid is still the phone to beat. I have yet to check out the incredible and I will probably do so soon, just to do a real comparison of the screens side by side. I expect the Droid's to be crisper, but I'm more curious about the colors.

11. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had this problem alot lately too and its getting kind of annoying. One of the reasons i joined this site was because i thought it was a strictly motorola droid forum, not like say... androidforums.com that includes all phones running android. I dont know if anyone agrees with me on this but IMO just because a phone is named HTC Droid Eris, or HTC Droid Incredible it doesnt mean that it is a Droid. The only phones that are actual droids IMO are the ones made by motorola and are named Droid, and in the future Droid2, Droid3 etc. I mean look at the picture on the top right hand corner of every page of this site, its a Motorola Droid not an Eris or Incredible. Sorry if this offends anyone because its not meant to its just me venting a little bit.

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    There is only one true Droid. The incredible is a great phone but its not Verizon's flagship phone. That belongs to the Motorola Droid.

If you click on active topics instead of latest posts you will see that the Droid is still the #1 topic here.