Would like someone to teach me overclocking.

pylopor

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid A855 and would like to over clock but I am always afraid that I would burn out cpu and basically kill my phone :/ Someone told me Kernels can give you more power with less heat can someone explain this to me and tell me how I can get one to over clock and make it super fast? :D

OP
P

pylopor

Reaction score
Yeah I am on the new update with root access.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
well that's better than knowing very, very, very, very little.

Ok let me start with this, do you have a custom recovery in place? You can check this by powering off your phone. Open the physical keyboard and while holding down the x key power back on. You will boot into recovery, if you have stock recovery you will see a triangle with an exclamation point. If you have sprecovery you will see red text. If you have clockworkmod you will see green text. Try that out and report back to me.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol theres a link in my sig but i forgot which one it was :(

maybe try 2 or 6

Last edited:
OP
P

pylopor

Reaction score
well that's better than knowing very, very, very, very little.

Ok let me start with this, do you have a custom recovery in place? You can check this by powering off your phone. Open the physical keyboard and while holding down the x key power back on. You will boot into recovery, if you have stock recovery you will see a triangle with an exclamation point. If you have sprecovery you will see red text. If you have clockworkmod you will see green text. Try that out and report back to me.

I used to have the Sprecovery but when I upgraded to 2.3 someone walked me through and I just checked which one loaded and it was Clockwork

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look at Links 2 and 6 in Abe21599's signature. If you still need help feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try the best I can to walk you through it, possible through gtalk if we need to go that route.

OP
P

pylopor

Reaction score
Also i am still in clockwork to get my phone back to normal I hit reboot system now right? I don't want to mess anything up.. I'm kind of a n00b.