1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Would it be ok to..... (market question)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MadScientist210, Mar 14, 2011.

1. MadScientist210

MadScientist210 New Member

Place like a crude (Somewhat bare) version of your app on the market and make large updates and additions to it later? Or is there any kind of restrictions or other reasons why this shouldn't be done?
  2. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

If your app isn't finished and doesn't do what is fully expected it could get poor reviews and cause people to avoid your apps in the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

There's no restrictions that I know of stopping you from what you described... but as CD mentioned, it could reflect negatively on ratings of your app
  4. MadScientist210

Well I'd be counting on actual marketing and not reviews in the store so I'm not to worried about that. and it wouldn't be not doing what it's supposed to do just not start out with much and grow over time. Reason being I'd like to test out the main concept of it first and when/if the results look good put more resources towards it to add more functionality.
  5. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

Maybe release it to a select group for testing before putting it on the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Ditto the above.

In the ancient past of over a year ago, there were some apps that were released as very Beta versions (xScope comes to mind) that were improved with frequent releases. But I'm not sure that's a strategy that will work now. I'm afraid a few bad posting on forums may kill your app forever!!
  7. MadScientist210

Will probably try select group first then if there's an easy way to have them download and install it from a link in a text message maybe (or a similar method)
  8. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

.... most people don't realize BETA means just that, that there will be bugs and things... and that improvement is part of the process. They'll just say the app is 'crap' and that'll spread like a cancer, when in reality you're progressing with development (as it should be :))

I completely understand what you want to do... get an idea if the concept will take hold before dedicating more and more time to it.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck!