Worthwhile roms?

cmcguffee

Reaction score
I see like 12 roms for the jellynean version of the Verizon GS3, but they're all "based closely on stock" I love the motion controls just as much as everybody else, but I don't feel like its worth it to lose all of my data to put the sane thing with two make features on my phone. So, I ask, are there any worthwhile roms for this phone?

clueless77

Reaction score
Well CM 10 and AOKP are nothing like stock. If you are rooted then titanium backup is a wonderful tool to restore all your apps.

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
I figured cm10 would be identical to stock, but how's battery life, speed, customization? And do you know of any 4.2 ROMs? I saw stuff about liquid smooth but failed to find a link to try it out. :(

clueless77

Reaction score
I have the liquid zip but when I flashed it I couldn't even get the sign up screen to not force close. I haven't tried again to see if it was my error. CM 10 is very good, typical customization for a CM ROM. AOKP probably has more. With my use I can get through the day a signal charge on both ROMs.

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
I have a liquid zip too, but mine kept aborting at install. I guess I'll look at it again in a few weeks. In the meantime I'll be getting cm10

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
I'm gonna try AOKP tonight and see how it goes. I finally got past the terrible file sharing site they use and found an actual .zip. It looks as though it's pretty nice though. Thanks for the help guys.

clueless77

Reaction score
I'm gonna try AOKP tonight and see how it goes. I finally got past the terrible file sharing site they use and found an actual .zip. It looks as though it's pretty nice though. Thanks for the help guys.
Glad you found it and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but sleep was calling me haha. :)

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
That's fine I was up until like 6am my time to get my Roms straight. But they all make my 64gb SD useless :/

clueless77

Reaction score
When I get home I'll give you a link to a script that swaps internal and external SD because I think its kinda stupid that the default storage is internal when an external SD is present. Also I always put all my ROM zips on the root of my external and in recovery you can save backups to external and install from external. I'm using the latest CWM touch recovery. I haven't run the script yet BTW but there's a video because you'll have to manually run it on cm 10. I have to get a bigger sd

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll probably wind up having another late night phone modding session. This AOKP is insanely fast though, but battery drain is fast so I'm calibrating then I'll see if that solves anything.

clueless77

Reaction score
Did you run the milestone or the 4.2.1? I noticed on the milestone it automatically over clocked to just over 1.6. I'm assuming its built into the kernel.

clueless77

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll probably wind up having another late night phone modding session. This AOKP is insanely fast though, but battery drain is fast so I'm calibrating then I'll see if that solves anything.
[MOD]App2ExtSD2 [Works for all U.S. Galaxy S3!] - xda-developers this is the link, you like me will probably have to run the script manually after flashing. It works, but any backups you have in titanium will go away and your gallery so you might want to back your gallery up on your computer or another SD until after you do the swap and then place them back on your sd in your phone.