1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Worth taking my DI to Austalia for a vacation

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by droidbum, Jul 11, 2010.

1. droidbum

droidbum New Member

I am going to Australia for a couple of weeks and would like some opinions as to taking my Droid Incredible along with me. I know the phone network is GSM so won't be able to make phone calls but are there any issues with respect to using the WiFi networks for browsing?

I have never used Skype but understand from my research that the Skype app doesn't use WiFi therefore DI+Skype in Australia is a no-go.

My plan was to buy some inexpensive phone at an airport or some such.
  2. apodoc

apodoc New Member

Try out the Fring application, after creating a skype account. Make voice calls over wi-fi in australia using Fring.
  3. chelmite

chelmite New Member

Useful for Maps?

I too am going "down under" in a few weeks and was hoping to use the gps for getting around. If GSM doesn't work, does that mean I won't have a link to get the maps?
Search tags for this page

using droid in australia