Worth it? Only $100 online

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All this wisdom he's getting,he better get one.I dont wanna have to repent have dezy sayin,now crank,you're wrong for sayin that to him.:D
Crank, you been bustin my chops the past couple weeks. All fun and games though buddy :D

But yeah, I highly recommend the phone. If it was $100 off contract I would go get 2 more right now LOL

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Nexus is a great phone, I'm very happy with mine and at this point its stock. The 4.0.4 update made this phone work well for me so I'm very happy with it. I have 3 batteries (1 extended and 2 standard) and a battery charger. I turn off mobile data unless I'm using it and I can easily go 10+ hours and 2 hours of screen on time with data running. I notice the battery drains when it's searching for data all day (this is why I turn it off so I get calls and texts only unless I turn data back on). For me this works well. When I know I will need more phone time I carry one or both spare batteries and just swap them out. Generally I just make sure I have chargers where needed (cars, desk, etc) and I'm fine. I don't think the batter is really that bad, its just that I use my phone ;)

Quick question for ya, have you used the standard battery with the extended door? Does that work ok? Thanks and sorry for the side track!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Quick question for ya, have you used the standard battery with the extended door? Does that work ok? Thanks and sorry for the side track!
I don't have either, but I have heard from others that if you use the extended door you can press towards the center and feel the cover bend in. Other than that it stays on secure and as long as your phone doesn't take a fall, the battery should stay in securely

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't have either, but I have heard from others that if you use the extended door you can press towards the center and feel the cover bend in. Other than that it stays on secure and as long as your phone doesn't take a fall, the battery should stay in securely

Oh there will be no falling! I hold it like a baby egg shell! :biggrin:

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
A good thing is, my mom doesn't have a smart phone and eventually wants one. She said when she decides to get one she will just take my Nexus for herself and will get me whatever newer phone is out at the time. Sweeeeet. Thanks again everybody

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nice.

I'd never take her up on that offer though. The Nexus is the only phone that I'd consider keeping the whole 2 yrs of my contract.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid 1 and need a new phone and have an upgrade. The Galaxy Nexus is only $100 on myverizon with a 2 year deal and 50 dollar online discount. I hear from everywhere that the battery life is the biggest and pretty much only negative, but is it THAT bad? What about with an extended battery? I have a 4g tower right in my neighborhood if that helps any.

I figure this is pretty darn cheap and worth the pick up since it's supposed to be a pretty awesome phone for only $100. What do you guys think?

Also I might add I am looking at this because of the price since I do not have $200 to spend on the S III

Homie, go to WireFly.com and get the Galaxy Nexus for 49.00 and a free Dock! When you want a better deal... GOOGLE it!

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I used my gnex standard battery with the extended battery door and it seemed fine but i did have a cruzerlite case on it.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Nice.

I'd never take her up on that offer though. The Nexus is the only phone that I'd consider keeping the whole 2 yrs of my contract.

Agreed. I just realized I'm up for an upgrade in April. There's really nothing else out that has caught my eye... Maybe there will be a new Nexus on VZW by then but I'm enjoying this phone so much I'm not drooling over anything new yet.