Worth diving into?

kookk

Reaction score
I have my OG droid and it's on it's last leg, I need a new phone. My contract isn't up till February, but I have someone willing to sell me a TB for a little less than $400 and I'm ok with that.

I tried a DX2 but dear lord that phone was awful. I played with a TB in store and I really liked it.

I know they have a great dev commuity but after flashing so many roms to my Droid and overclocking it to hell, I'm kind of over it, so I'd prefer not to root it. Just want a phone that works.

So I have a few questions - Is the battery life really that bad? Can (or will) it run netflix? Is 4g speed really that great?

I'd prefer this phone to last well past my February ugrade.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This phone will do well for you. My battery life is OK, it could be better but its not as bad as most say. I also had the D1 and even though you say you are not going to root it will be ready when you change your mind!

Yes 4g is great! Big difference when compared to my daughters Inc2 side by side. It runs netflix on my rooted Gingerbread but I'm not sure if it does stock.

Good luck with your decision.

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
I'm not totally opposed to rooting, it just seems like a hassle right now. I glanced at the thread at how to do it and it seems a pretty complex compared to my D1 and especially the x2.

I suppose if I did mess anything up I could always sbf though.

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I came from an OG Droid, never looked back. TBolt doesn't have netflix yet (stock, not rooted) but rumors say it will after the gingerbread update. Not the best battery in the world but I agree that its not as bad as everyone makes it our to be. Heavy use I get maybe 5 hrs. Light to medium I get around 12-13 hrs.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm not totally opposed to rooting, it just seems like a hassle right now. I glanced at the thread at how to do it and it seems a pretty complex compared to my D1 and especially the x2.

I suppose if I did mess anything up I could always sbf though.

Yes it is more involved but not difficult. Just a matter of following instructions. The process is a bit different with HTC phones than Moto. Clockwork recovery is the same along with Rom Manager... but you don't "sbf"... you flash "ruu's". Its not a big deal but does take a bit of reading. Plenty of help if you need it!