1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Worst Phone Ever

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jbois, Oct 5, 2012.

1. jbois

jbois New Member

Title says it all... If I stopped one person from buying this phone my job has been done.

Wish I was getting paid each time I had to reboot this phone. I'm pretty sure I would be retired and sipping some fufu drinks on a beach in Tahiti.
  2. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

I agree 100%. I'm on my 3rd one in 2 weeks. Now it won't take a charge, 4g works sometimes, 3g works sometimes... Cuts in and out.

Nominated for the worst phone ever category!
  3. Tanno

Tanno New Member

You'r bad experience doesn't make the charge a bad phone.

What have you done to try to correct the issue?

My charge is now going on 125 hrs since I last restarted it due to a font change.
  4. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

The first thing I did was took it apart to do a little preliminary troubleshooting. I heard these are actually built under water and the correct to way to take them apart was to do so in a swimming pool, so I did just that.

Once the phone was apart, I used an electric heat gun (while still in the swimming pool). This was an attempt to safely re-solder any loose connections. I couldn't really do too much after that because the plastic around the phone melted and I couldn't get it back together.

On a more serious note. The phone had issues from day 1 (about 9 months ago). I dealt with the issues (battery not charging, loss of 3g/4g consistently, blue tooth (icon/moto) having issue connecting/staying connected, innacurate GPS, when using the camera with flash, the phone occasionally turns off immediately after the flash goes off, etc...)

Then the phone was stolen. I had insurance on the phone. For $100.00 they sent me a refurbed phone. This phone had the same issues. Again, I dealt with them.

A few weeks ago, the phone stopped charging. Took it into Verizon, they overnighted a new one. The new one came and stopped working immediately. Went back to Verizon, they sent another one. The phone charging jack was loose and the USB wire would not stay connected. Went back to Verizon, they sent another phone. This phone had all of the issues as the first phone + would not charge. Called 611 and explained the issues. They logged onto the phone remotely and agreed there is an issue with the phone charging. They sent a new phone which also has an issue charging but it does charge (very slowly) so I've been dealing with it.

I'll also mention that the people I spoke with at verizon (both on the phone and in the store) have all agreed that this is the WORSE droid device they've ever seen!

With all of my Charges, if I drop them from around 2" they all turn off. The latest one is no exception from any of the above.

Verizon offered to send me a different phone and offered me an early upgrade but with the early upgrade, I have to change from my unlimited data plan to a tiered data plan.

Good luck with your charge.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  5. Tanno

Tanno New Member

Wow. Sounds like you've been through the ringer with them.

I've had my charge for 2 years now. I do have the same issue with the cam flash. But, I've found that it's hit or miss about replacing it.
  6. Primevyl

Primevyl New Member

I have one that works fine as a modem...try this:

Ask the manager if instead of an early upgrade if they will send you a FRU (or whatever they call them now) of a different model.

Tell the mgr you will buy a new back and battery (which many will agree to, because VZ us really up their asses to sale accessories now)..but that you don't want your upgrade touched because it is not fair that you have to lose a privilege due to a shoddy VZ product.

Say all of this calmly, and not all at once, by rather piece by piece only using more if the mgr seems not to want to use this exceptional policy (that very well may no longer exist).you may get a Rezound out of the deal

Nothing never doesn't un happen to me
  7. awd1315

awd1315 New Member

I totally agree!!! We went through 3 of them before they would send out a different make/model. Bulky, horrible battery life, terrible build, upon playback of music it sounds horrible even a store rep told me it was one of their worst phones.
  8. abullock22

abullock22 New Member

i concur this phone is a mess - cant wait for my plan to be up!!..4 months to go..woohoo
  9. chopperdude

chopperdude New Member

I love my Charge. I had to replace my first Charge as I broke my screen. They sent me a Thunderbolt as a replacement because they did not have any Charges in stock. Did not like TBolt (though the kickstand is a cool idea) and started having issues with it. Called Asurion back and they sent me a Charge (
  10. chopperdude

chopperdude New Member

and i have been very happy.
  11. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

Actually the HTC Tilt II was the worse phone ever made.
Search tags for this page

droid bionic worst phone

droid charge worst phone

droid charge worst phone ever

droid razr worst phone ever

galaxy charge worst phone ever

samsung charge the worst phone

samsung charge worst phone

samsung charge worst phone ever

samsung droid charge is the worst phone!
shittest cellphone ever
the droid is the worst phone ever
the worst phones ever made
what was the worst droid model ever

worst android phones