Worse Bill Shock Ever: Closeout Phone Bill Fee of €11.721 Quadrillion Euros

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
head-exploding.png

Here's a "funny" story that is off-topic when it comes to Android stuff, but is still phone related. How would you like to open up your final phone bill and find that you would be charged $15.141 quadrillion dollars to cancel? That's exactly what happened to Solenne San Jose, a resident of Pessac, France, who was trying to closeout her phone account. An accounting printer error added "a few" zeros onto her actual charge. The number ended up being €11,721,000,000,000,000. That's 11.721 quadrillion euros which coverts roughly to the number in US dollars above.

This number is so absurd I can imagine the lady either dying of a heart-attack on the spot, or laughing herself into an insane asylum. What is really hilarious (and also quite disturbing) is that initially, even though this was obviously an error, she was told that the fee couldn't be waived. Luckily the story didn't end in death or an institution. The error was corrected down to a much more palatable €117.21 Euros. Just to share some clarity on just how stooopid this amount really is, this number is 200 times the total amount of currency in circulation in the world at this time.

Source: TheAge

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Big Trouble in Little Wallet.

That picture is FTW!:biggrin:

swc2001

Reaction score
I forgot... What movie is that Pic taken from?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Big Trouble in Little Wallet.

That picture is FTW!:biggrin:

One of my most favorite flicks of all time...

Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the President.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. That movie was some of John Carpenter's & Kurt Russell's best work. So much fun!