Worried about the mirco usb port

HayWire

Reaction score
I'm worried I'm going to damage the mirco usb port. I got a dock on amazon but I'm still debating about picking up the powermat for the x, Its only 60 bucks but I dont know how effective it is in charging it.

Has anyone had any problems with the port (putting the charger in and breaking it) I'm kind of paranoid it will happen to me.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that the Powermat is dumb. It makes you plug in this this thing that has to be plugged into the port and makes the phone wider and puts stress on the port. All so that you don't have to plug it in?

Doesn't seem like much of a benefit to me...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've put my phone in the dock every night for the past 14 months and plugged in the usb cable many times a day (most days) and have had no issues with the port.

Good luck.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
I've put my phone in the dock every night for the past 14 months and plugged in the usb cable many times a day (most days) and have had no issues with the port.

Good luck.

Does the dock plug the same way as the ccord? mine should be here by friday at the latest..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

snodog

Reaction score
I too was somewhat worried over the fragility of the USB port. No Cover (like LG phones) and it does appear to be so very small and 'breakable'...however, with that being said I used my Moto Razr phone for YEARS since it's inception at Verizon and it had no cover either and I plugged it into power fairly regularly AND I connected it for data purposes to my work PC nearly everyday and I never had a problem with it. I never even worried about it either for some reason. I think so long as you use a 'Quality' cable and are reasonably careful how you plug in, then you will be OK.

For what it's worth I had an older LG ENV for a couple months as my first QWERTY phone and it was well used when I got it and the USB/Charging port on the LG is eclectic/clunky to say the least...I NEVER expected that to last because of its design, yet it had worked for YEARS before me and never had an issue wheile I had it and now it sits in the 'backup phone' box waiting to go to work someday.

I think these ports are much stronger than we give them credit for.