Worried about phone, help! Is this malware?

prokathinator

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Captivate Glide.

For the past few hours, it's been unable to connect to my network or my wifi, save for the first few seconds after I try restarting it (I've done this multiple times). If I try to use it at all, it gives me a message that says "Process system is not responding [Force Close] or [Wait]". Sometimes, the message doesn't pop up at all, and instead, the phone flashes white for a split second before going black. If I wait a few seconds after that, my lock screen shows up, and if I unlock the phone, it takes me back to my home screen. All the apps and processes that were running prior to this happening would be closed (almost like the phone restarted itself, but the Samsung screen didn't show up).

I'm trying to think of what may have caused this. All the apps I've recently downloaded have been scanned and cleared by Lookout.
But a few hours back, I was browsing on Next Browser when a message popped up saying something along the lines of "(4) viruses found. Please exit the page or risk losing all your photos." Because of the style of the pop-up, I'm pretty sure it was from Next Browser, and not the site I was viewing.

Also, the phone feels really hot to the touch. Normally it stays generally cool.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Are you unable to connect to your home wifi or any wifi?

OP
P

prokathinator

Reaction score
Hello, thank you.

As I stated, I am able to connect to both my wifi and my network upon rebooting my phone, but only for the first few seconds. Something seems to take it over after that, and I am then unable to access either. What I'm mainly concerned about is the fact that I can't use my phone at all without it going white on me and then closing all processes/apps and taking me back to the lock screen. It does this even if I don't touch it and just leave it alone with the screen on.