World's First Android Universal Remote Control Commercial Product Introduced

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;FoXXNKMMsuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoXXNKMMsuM&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Smart remote controller - Conspin's Android remote control[/video]

A Korean company named, Conspin, have just officially introduced a pretty nifty looking product. It is called the ANDI-ONE, and it is the world's first commercially available Android-based universal remote control. The ANDI-ONE is a universal remote with full IR, RF, and WiFi functionality, that uses a touch-screen with the Android 2.1 OS. Furthermore, with the ANDI-ONE you immediately have access to over 10,000 devices to program it with, since it is always connected to your WiFi internet. Here's a list of additional features:
  • Group devices by room
  • Set up traditional macros (to control multiple devices simultaneously)
  • Download program guides from your service provider
  • Search for specific shows or movies
  • The device will remember the past 20 activities
  • Its charging cradle is IPhone and IPad compatible (ironically)
  • 3W x 2 channel speakers
  • HDMI output
  • 3.5-inch 320×480 capacitive touch screen
  • Dedicated volume and channel buttons
  • 4 traditional Android hot keys (menu, back, home, search)
  • Android 2.1 with access to the Android market to install apps
  • 2GB of flash memory and supports up to an additional 32GB with a micro SD card.
The ANDI-ONE will retail for $349 bucks, although it's possible to find it online for a bit cheaper. This baby is really tempting...

andione-conspin.jpg

What do you guys think?

Source: Android.net via TalkAndroid and Conspin

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If only manufacturers would put IR in we could do this with our phones.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

I so agree. I never understood why ir wasn't on phones anymore.

Wonder how this will compete with the Harmony remotes from Logitech. I love my Harmony and wouldn't replace it for anything. I need to buy a new one, mine has taken too many hard landings on the hardwood floor.

UNC

Reaction score
That baby doesn't look tempting!!!!!
The Vizio phone is going to have IR universal remote built-in, AND it's a phone...

streetkid

Reaction score
Yeah, seems like a cool idea that will be obsolete as soon as phone manufacturers put IR or RF or whatever on phones.. haven't read about that happening (im not hip to the scene either), but it seems obvious that it will eventually.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Lots of phones used to have IR. The Asian markets loved it for swapping phone numbers but the manufacturers have sadly moved away from that practice.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I need a better universal remote now. Just got some new toys recently and I still have to have at least 2 remotes on hand.

Granted my universal remote is the one that came with my receiver, and it did a good job until I went shopping recently. Will have to keep an eye on this. I just wanna pay alot for one, looks like I might have to no matter what.

Artimis

Reaction score

I've been saying this for years........we get a multicolored LED which is nice. But at an increase in production cost for half a cent, they could include an IR LED as well.

All sorts of cool apps could be built to utilize this.

If they wanted to get more creative, they could include an IR receiver as well....

yahwarrior

Reaction score
Android can also make a great meal [video=youtube;lSMerma7nBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSMerma7nBY]YouTube - Android Microwave - Touch Revolution NIMble Kitchen Center[/video]

thejas

Reaction score
awesome!

This remote is sweet! I thought having the logitech harmony 880 was awesome....that may go to the bedroom now!

Abadus

Reaction score

I've been saying this for years........we get a multicolored LED which is nice. But at an increase in production cost for half a cent, they could include an IR LED as well.

All sorts of cool apps could be built to utilize this.

If they wanted to get more creative, they could include an IR receiver as well....

:D 1/2 a cent is a LOT of money when it comes to production. I do agree though I wish I could control my TV from my phone.