World Cup Soccer

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
anyone using vcast to watch the games? Let me know how it is please..

huelsebu

Reaction score
Quality on Vcast is actually pretty good. Stuck watching in spanish though (the feed is "En Vivo: Sudafrica vs Mexico" in the "Copa Mundial de la FIFA en VIVO" section). There seems to be a link to the ESPN Mobile TV english stream, but it says it cannot load the video when I try to open that feed. Anyone else having luck with vcast and english?

huelsebu

Reaction score
It's not that I couldn't see it. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The link is there to start the English ESPN stream when I open VCast Video. When I click the link, it changes to the video player and starts loading. However, after trying to load for 10 seconds or so, I get a pop-up message saying something to the effect of "This video cannot be played"

I can't remember the exact text, I'll have to try again for the France-Uruguay game later.

Were you able to actually watch the video in English? I assumed it was something on the server end, because I can watch other VCast videos without a problem. Maybe it's my phone though?

huelsebu

Reaction score
Okay, good to know. Must be my phone then. I'll try reinstalling the VCast app, not sure what else it could be. It's not froyo is it? Has anyone been able to watch the vcast english feed successfully on froyo?

leroi09

Reaction score
Most times video would not play for me. When it did I thought spanish version was better quality so I just watched it. I am on BB Froyo

huelsebu

Reaction score
Ya the Spanish feed loads for me every time. I don't have the english feed to compare it to, but the quality is very good for 3G streaming. And FWIW, while I understand maybe .05% of the words Spanish commentators say, can anyone deny that they are more exciting?

leroi09

Reaction score
Yeah same here. I only understand a few words here and there but good quality and very entertaining. Probably better than the English audio.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Slipstream

Reaction score
Most times video would not play for me. When it did I thought spanish version was better quality so I just watched it. I am on BB Froyo

I'm having this problem too. Spanish works fine, but I can't get an English feed PERIOD. This is kind of absurd, given the $10/mo price tag. If you're going to advertise this as our way to get WC coverage at least make the damn thing WORK. :icon_evil:

I have it running at work... I just listen for really excited Spanish gibberish and see what's going on.

mach330

Reaction score
is this still free for a month if we sign up by today (6/11)? nm...i guess we have to sign before. dammit

DroidFan88

Reaction score
Well Espn360 or ESPN3 is streaming the matches in HD..

Reason I think so because they streamed the live concert in HD... There was some freezes though ..

I'm watching ESPN3.com on my Droid right now....for free! Why pay $10 to verizon for something you can get for free directly from ESPN. I'm watching it over Wifi right now and there are no lags whatsoever. I'll have to see how it does over 3G later, when I'm at work, but so far, I'm pretty satisfied with what I've seen.

weihs

Reaction score

Reason I think so because they streamed the live concert in HD... There was some freezes though ..

I'm watching ESPN3.com on my Droid right now....for free! Why pay $10 to verizon for something you can get for free directly from ESPN. I'm watching it over Wifi right now and there are no lags whatsoever. I'll have to see how it does over 3G later, when I'm at work, but so far, I'm pretty satisfied with what I've seen.

Droidfan88, what browser are you using, can you provide setup details? I have installed Froyo and have tried to get ESPN3 streaming without any luck.

xfireguru

Reaction score
I'm watching ESPN3.com on my Droid right now....for free! Why pay $10 to verizon for something you can get for free directly from ESPN. I'm watchin

Droidfan88, what browser are you using, can you provide setup details? I have installed Froyo and have tried to get ESPN3 streaming without any luck.

I had issues with espn3 as well. My cable provider isn't listed on their site and I apparently had no other way to sign in. I just caved and bought the vcast subscription. Now if I could only watch in english...
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DroidFan88

Reaction score

I'm using Dolphin HD but make sure you have installed flash. Theres nothing else to set up. When the video first comes up it will state that it is not optomized for mobile but it still works fine. You can even zoom.