1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Working with source code - Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Capt_X, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Capt_X

Capt_X New Member

I'm new to Android development (and development in general), but am really interested in learning. I am interested in modifying some of the apps that came with my droid and have downloaded the source code per the instructions on this page: Get source (Android Open Source Project). I also have the Android SDK and Eclipse IDE installed and configured. The problem is I am not sure how to load the source code into Eclipse so that I can work with it and test it. Any ideas??

I would appreciate any assistance.
  2. Lantandroid

Lantandroid New Member

In Eclipse, go FILE>IMPORT. Select existing projects into workspace. browse to your source and it will let you know what valid projects you can import into your workspace.
  3. Capt_X

Capt_X New Member

Ok, I was able to find the projects I could import, but when I import the project I can't run it because it says it is full of errors. Any ideas?
  4. jnev

jnev New Member

Go to Project -> Clean, and it should work.