Working Skype for Droid 3

JesterMX6

Reaction score
downloaded to both mine and my fiance's D3. the video is upside down on mine though. i have to hold the phone upside down for my face to be the right direction for her using my front facing camera.

pistacio

Reaction score
downloaded to both mine and my fiance's D3. the video is upside down on mine though. i have to hold the phone upside down for my face to be the right direction for her using my front facing camera.

Go into advanced settings, there is a fix for that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

Superfoot

Reaction score
Is anyone getting a popping/snapping sound in the audio? I get it constantly when the person on the other end talks or any sound comes through from their end. It is almost identical to the noise I get from the Netflix app. That worries me a little that is might be a phone issue where before I thought it was strictly the Netflix app.

LT*

Reaction score
Is anyone getting a popping/snapping sound in the audio? I get it constantly when the person on the other end talks or any sound comes through from their end. It is almost identical to the noise I get from the Netflix app. That worries me a little that is might be a phone issue where before I thought it was strictly the Netflix app.

I've only used it a couple of times, but did not notice and popping in the audio.

militant

Reaction score

I have not used the new Skype app yet, but I do have the popping/snapping when using netflix. That said, I don't THINK it's a hardware/physical phone issue because all the other audio I've listened to seems to be fine.

mexizag

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make it so Skype does not autostart? I hear it turn on and then have to open it to close it. Is there a setting that I am missing?

D3Gal

Reaction score
How is this app different from the Skype Mobile app that came installed on the phone?

I would like to be logged in and available on Skype whenever the phone is powered on, but Skype Mobile seems to log me out whenever the phone goes to sleep -it logs me in automatically when I actually am using the handset, but logs me out when it sleeps. I would like it to wake up my handset when a Skype call comes in. Ideas?

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
Wont work for me...I want to uninstall it but cant. I want it out! can anyone help?

pyro6128

Reaction score
Wont work for me...I want to uninstall it but cant. I want it out! can anyone help?

one of the skype's you can uninstall, I think its just skype, not skype mobile. Otherwise root and uninstall them both, then install this apk

lildj0809

Reaction score
Okay sorry for asking dumb questions, but this is my first smartphone. Do I have to have a rooted d3 for this app to work?

lildj0809

Reaction score
Alright, I don't have a rooted Droid and decided I'd try to download it and see what happens. It worked fine, but when I tried calling, it would only do audio call. Even when the other person started their webcam, I couldn't see it on my phone. And when I tried to select the option "toggle flash", it said I had no active camera.

javipoo

Reaction score
Okay sorry for asking dumb questions, but this is my first smartphone. Do I have to have a rooted d3 for this app to work?

Not at all.

The difference between this skype and skype mobile? Skype mobile, as far as I tried, doesn't allow you to video call.
I froze it after rooting since it's not as good as the skype you can download with the video.

The video works fine with me. gives you the option, under settings, to use front camera, back camera.
I can skype to pc/mobile with video.
I've actually been on a skype video to australia for around 3 hours. around 60% battery loss.
The person I was skyping with said I looked pixilated, but on my screen they looked great.