Working Skype for Droid 3

aross6

Reaction score
Hey all... head on over to XDA here and download theos0o's Skype-mod he coded specifically for the Droid 3... I've been testing it for him and it's rockin to finally have Skype on the new handset! If you like it be sure to throw him some beer money or something, it's definatley worth all the hard work he put in!

Big D

Reaction score
Won't install for me.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Bump +1 on a good app

Came over here to post this link and seen somebody got it first
works great... skyped for two hours straight with minimal problems on wifi
started at 93% battery... ended with 59%...

Then switched to 3G for for 45 min. just to check the quality...
started at 58% battery... ended at 49% battery

I think that's pretty solid battery usage considering two way video chat stream

Problems I noticed... only on incoming audio... the audio I was receiving with video was sometimes choppy... very minimal though.. barely affected the conversations... also volume level is kinda week... i can imagine if there was any backround noise it would be tough to hear at all... i was indoors with no music or nuthin in the background and it was ok .... sounded like autotune for a couple seconds here and there.. made every body laugh

Good stuff I noticed... the folks I was skyping with say its the best picture i've ever sent from here in Hawaii... nice and clear with crisp audio and not alot of dropouts in the audio...

Signal stayed solid on the 3G... no big video freezeframes or audio stagering like iMm used to even on the laptop
this thing works well above average for what i've experienced with skype on Android so far on friends devices...
I watch them have so much problems... and this thing just WORKED ... straight up ... never had a hiccup the whole time

Reaction score
Can it work with someone using and iphone. Everyone I know has an iphone so that would be the people that I can use it with.

Big D

Reaction score
Any ideas why it won't work for me? I've dl'd it twice, uninstalled skype and reinstalled. I keep getttin "app not installed"

Thanks all.

Big D

Reaction score
Got it installed. For some reason, the previous version needed to be uninstalled first. Now to see if it works...

cesarvazquez

Reaction score
just installed it on my droid 3 and works like a charm chatting with a pc, will try on mac to droid 3 and tablet. btw, i will create a paypal acct and throw some beer $$$. thank you so much.

cesarvazquez

Reaction score
btw, i downloaded it to my pc
-on phone i uninstalled the market version,
-connected my phone via usb cord
-open the phone folder
-from the downloads folder on pc, i moved the skype file to phone folder
-unplug phone
-using apk installer on phone i installed it and voila

CLShade

Reaction score
Odd. It installs but the video won't work. ??? I have it enabled and it tries but the video never turns on. Any insight or did it just work for those it is working for?

rocker99

Reaction score
So I use my Droid 3 and download this right on to the phone? Or does it have to been on my home computer also? Detailed install instructions would be great as I just got my phone. Thanks

neilrl79

Reaction score
So I use my Droid 3 and download this right on to the phone? Or does it have to been on my home computer also? Detailed install instructions would be great as I just got my phone. Thanks

Download it right to your phone and install it and just make sure that the skype client on your home computer is updated.