Working on ICS for the OG cross fingers

Durandgir

Reaction score
The damn G1 was one of the first to get a port, the D1 can handle it. Maybe not well, but it will happen.

And a 6 year old HTC windows mobile phone has it, the Droid will get it eventually, plus Google say anything that could run gingerbread can run ics, and if they can get hardware acceleration working I'm pretty sure that it would run smoother than GB due to there being no.GPU acceleration. LGB3.0+ has had GPU acceleration and let me tell you it really smooths everything out

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Again Ive gave it an honest attempt I may try again.......but had to free up some space I actually have D3 Im also trying to get ICS running on thanks to help from Hashcode and all his brilliance

Is space an issue with the og? I kind of thought that might be the biggest issue but thought maybe boot manager might be able to help with that since you run roms from imgs that can be any size just an idea since you mention size

I have a lot of work to do on the og though I know got 6 more days of finals week and then done for two months and code mode will be activated :)

Just a thought to solve the space issue of that's a problem

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Do you have your stuff up on a git repo yet? I'd like to get my hands dirty and have a look to see if there's anything I could assist with.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
You are the MAN! I was asking myself the question "Is anyone working on an ICS ROM at all for the Droid 1?" This thread answered my question before I could even search for it. I will keep checking this thread on progress, CAN'T WAIT TO HOPEFULLY RUN ICS ON THE D1! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

nbucko

Reaction score
While I'd love to see this I'm afraid I may be on the nexus by the time we actually see ics on the og. That is assuming the nexus ever comes out...

OP
DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
Just checkin in..............
many
many
many
errors later...................and heres the latest if your interested.... .Recovery ERROR - Pastebin.com ......

next...
Code:
Target system fs image: out/target/product/sholes/obj/PACKAGING/systemimage_intermediates/system.img
Install system fs image: out/target/product/sholes/system.img
out/target/product/sholes/system.img+ total size is 192240576
error: out/target/product/sholes/system.img+ too large (192240576 > [151793664 - 1622016])
make: *** [out/target/product/sholes/system.img] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/sholes/system.img'
View attachment 43813

So I am still piddling when Im not working or with my family...... :icon_ devil:

Last edited:

ænyoc

Reaction score
While I'd love to see this I'm afraid I may be on the nexus by the time we actually see ics on the og. That is assuming the nexus ever comes out...

Hah! Wouldn't it be something if we got ics on the D1 before vzw releases the Nexus. =P
I'd like to help too... any link to a git repository?

Durandgir

Reaction score
someone is also working on ICS over on XDA, he has it running, it's extremely slow but it's progress

bmx24

Reaction score
very nice cant wait to test it out im booting it up now

chrisrand

Reaction score
Bravo Good Sir

View attachment 44599

You my good man are doing god's work. (god being an acronym for good old guys)

So carry on forthwith and may you find the path towards your true worth herewith and so on.