Working on ICS for the OG cross fingers

RobClay18838

Reaction score
How's it comin along so far? Id love to have ics on the OG.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
You know last february when I upgraded to the D2 I thought about getting the D1 but wanted the "newest." I was sadly mistaken because the D1 is over 2 years old and is still getting lots of love! *insert jealous face* :b

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
build/core/Makefile:25: *** Prebuilt apk found in PRODUCT_COPY_FILES: vendor/motorola/sholes/proprietary/ProgramMenuSystem.apk:/system/app/ProgramMenuSystem.apk, use BUILD_PREBUILT instead!. Stop.

FFS this is kind of how its been going this entire time...one error cleaned up at a time :furious:...but plus side it I'm learning as I go :haha:

Last edited:

RobClay18838

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try building an OS. Haven't attempted yet though. But thanks for work on this, much apprecited!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
I am still messing with it but it seems as if it might be a bust....it may just be too short on memory...but ill still tinker with it on my free time as well as my D3

*********UPDATE***********
for anyone still following this thread.....................unfortunately as much as we all would love to have seen this happen...... it just doesnt seem likely the HARDWARE for the Motorola A855 could handle ICS..... it seems to have reached its limit in terms of the future of android.

I managed to compile the source as far as /frameworks/base/lib/utils before I started receiving CallStack errors and unfortunately as far as C++ is concerned I'm just novice

If anyone would like to see the exact nature of the error with regards to solving the issue feel free to PM me and we can try to move forward..........if not CM7 maybe as exotic as it gets

Last edited:
OP
DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
Last edited:

bmx24

Reaction score
wow it semes like every other phone than the og droid has an ics i just hope this one will work

Durandgir

Reaction score
I agree completely, I mean one of the first Android phones have it, plus a 6 year old windows mobile phone even has a port. So there is no doubt its possible, I hope we do get ics cause I can't upgrade until August

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
I managed to compile the source as far as /frameworks/base/lib/utils before I started receiving CallStack errors and unfortunately as far as C++ is concerned I'm just novice

If anyone would like to see the exact nature of the error with regards to solving the issue feel free to PM me and we can try to move forward..........if not CM7 maybe as exotic as it gets

Again Ive gave it an honest attempt I may try again.......but had to free up some space I actually have D3 Im also trying to get ICS running on thanks to help from Hashcode and all his brilliance

*********build/target/product/security/testkey.pk8 /tmp/tmpGVUNkD out/target/product/solana/cm_solana-ota-eng.jt.zip
done.**********

Last edited:

wierdo124

Reaction score
The damn G1 was one of the first to get a port, the D1 can handle it. Maybe not well, but it will happen.