Working HTC Flashlight APP for the Droid DNA Prior to Release.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
post-410-0-12735200-1353355920_thumb.png

The Droid DNA has been a miniature hot bed seeing as that its release date is not for a couple of days. We have an unlocked bootloader, we have root, we have custom recoveries, we have an unsecure kernel, and now we have a working Flashlight app. I know not the hugest of developments, but it is one thing that I can not live without. This is just an apk. It is not a flashable.zip.

To install you will download the file at the source link. Then use "ADB install (filename)"

Hopefully the unlocked bootloader will still be a thing on Wednesday, and hopefully their will still be plenty of intrest on the part of the development community to keep the mods coming on this sweet device!

Via XDA

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
The tiny flashlight app worked just fine, no root no nothing needed. I think all flashlight apps work just fine

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Don't know why HTC wouldn't put a flashlight app on the phone. My inc2 has one already on it stock

jseah

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt had one as well. I believe HTC dropped the flashlight app from Sense right after the Incredible 2. I'm not sure about the Rhyme, but the Rezound didn't have the flashlight app either.