Working CWM Recovery!!!

micrors4

Reaction score
At the store they booted it by holding some combination of volume keys to restore it and it booted into a recovery and they were able to reinstall the original ROM without issues but the touchscreen was still reversed.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Second flash didn't work. Wonder if there are any other modes than download. There's got to be bootloader mode or something to run adb and fastboot commands. I wonder if the data and cache folder needs to be wiped out.

micrors4

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is but the solution to the soft brick didn't work for me but at the VZW store they were able to get into some recovery but they were said it was a different one than usual but I couldn't get a good look at it.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
The combo is Power + Vol down. Hold it till the phone boots and it will do a factory reset. I just got home and going to push the LTE2 recovery to the phone and restore. Hopefully the Boot.img will override. I have a feeling that the Korean LTE2 kernel is the cause of this.

micrors4

Reaction score
Did the factory reset solve the problem with the boot loop, I have been afraid to try CM10 again because the Verizon employees know me well at my local store and I don't know how many more replacements I can get.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Is your touch screen working properly? My phone was an Asurion replacement. I am calling them now to have them replace it. Unless there a dev that could look into that CM10 and find the issue with the touch screen. I have no clue where to look for that.

Getting the replacement Monday. I'm still going to look into building a ROM from source but prolly won't get to far since I know very little about building from source. We have the info, hopefully a ROM dev will join in, make fun of us, and get a ROM in for us. :)

micrors4

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the touchscreen to work, but luckily I was still in VZW's 2 week return policy so they just gave me a new one in the store. I haven't tried CM10 again because I am fearful of getting stuck in a boot loop again or messing up the touch screen. The only thing I could think of is that the X and Y axis were flipped in the CM10 rom for the korean version of our phone probably because of the some sort of hardware differences internally that forced them to mount the glass differently because even the capacitive buttons were flipped.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
That's the thing with mine. The touch screen wasn't inverted, it was misaligned. The bottom half switched with the top half. I think we are both at a standpoint until we can get a dev to check out our device. One question, did you have data when you were in cm10? I did not. I was able to change the language from Korean to English. At least we have a stepping stone and hopefully we can get someone to notice the little noise we made. Glad we got to this point. I may load up AOKP tonight when I have time to see what fun things that does.

micrors4

Reaction score
No I didn't have data, and my touch screen was messed up the same way no that I think about it, were you able to fix issue by restoring the phone? I never tried WiFi though because I didn't have the patience to navigate to the settings app, did you happen to try it?

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. The restore did not fix the touch screen issue. Surprised that the CAB file did not fix this issue. I am going to look around to see if any of the Korean flasholics had this problem.

micrors4

Reaction score
Alright, let me know if you have any success with the touchscreen issue or try AOKP. We definitely need a dev on this phone because we are so close to having a fully functional ROM with a little bit of know how, not sure how to get a dev though for this phone.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Do either of you guys have a COMPLETE file of the factory image?? I also need some clarification as to when the screen flips.... Is it flipped in recovery? or just when you try to boot the Korean version of the CM10? Or does it flip everything once CM10 boots? When you guys have some time lets set up a group chat in an IRC or something so I can get some more info... I really need the complete factory image before I can do much more.....

micrors4

Reaction score
I have one but it will take a long time to upload because of my crappy internet connection, but if asianflavor can't upload one I will. The screen flips after flashing CM10 and then it stays flipped even in recovery. Just let me know when you want to have an IRC chat, the only days I'm busy are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but I might be free later on those nights depending on how long work takes me so just let me know when you are available.

Edit: Actually I don't have one but if you want I can just upload a copy of my current CWM backup.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Here's the CAB file from LG, Spec 2 CAB Stock firmware. It's about 1.1GB and a slow download. I have never dealt with LG phones before, only Motos and HTC. I am not sure if this is how LG does their firmware. And I have tried to open the CAB with no success.

Also, if you want to gtalk later, PM me. I'm usually good after I put my kids to bed. Around 9pm Central.