Working CWM Recovery!!!

micrors4

Reaction score
I can get into download mode without a problem so hopefully I can get the ROM to boot on the second try. Is there any way to see what is happening while it is booting so I can see if there is any errors or kernel panics?

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
You should be able to pull a logcat while it's boot looping. Was it stuck on the LG splash screen or the 4G boot animation? Wondering if the LTE2 kernel is not compatible with ours.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
I'm finishing up for the night. I will check in the morning. If everything goes well for you and recovering the phone works with the CAB file, I will beat this phone to death seeing what is going on. Also going to read up on building a 2nd-init ROM. Good luck and have a good night!

micrors4

Reaction score
It was just stuck at the cyanogen boot animation so I will try it one last time tonight and let you know how it goes.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Cool... that sounds like a kernel issue. I thought 2nd-init ROM use the kernel that is on the Stock ROM. I will pull the boot.img out of my phone and test with that tomorrow. If I can pull it tomorrow, I will post it here. Thanks for everything again!!!

micrors4

Reaction score
GOT CM10 TO BOOT!!!

Wiped all the data and it booted right up without issue, but after I had restored it after soft bricking it the touch screen reversed itself which makes it super difficult to do anything with and I'm not sure how to fix it and it was even doing it in CWM so not sure what the problem is but I will look around a bit.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
OMG!!! I will jump on AOKP and MIUI tomorrow then. Thanks for testing!!!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

micrors4

Reaction score
I am going to first try to restore the phone from a backup in CWM and see if that helps then I will try the guide on the link you provided if it doesn't work, I just really don't want to setup ADB right now because it is very late.

micrors4

Reaction score
Now my phone seems to be stuck at the verizon 4G LTE logo after trying to unbrick it, if it isn't one thing its another. And the ROM you provided the link to appears to be in english, but I couldn't really delve into it too far, will try again in the morning.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Hopefully you were able to get everything back up and running. I am working from home but may have to leave due to a personal emergency. I will definitely be on tonight hammering this thing away.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
I am having no luck locating the touch screen driver for this phone anywhere. I think we are using Cypress but I am not finding where to change the x-axis. Is everything ok on your phone?

micrors4

Reaction score
Couldn't get it to work after restoring it so I went to the verizon store and got a new one, I will try flashing the rom again because that the touch screen issue started before it so I don't think the rom was the issue.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
I am now in the same spot as you were with boot loop. This phone does not like CWM recovery with CM10. I'm running the CAB for a 2nd time to see if that changes anything. If not, I will go to a VZW corp store and see if they can flash the phone for me.