Working CWM Recovery!!!

asianflavor

Reaction score
I found a working CWM recovery with no screen issue. This is LTE2 Recovery by 985hPaKicK. It is version 2 by him. It is running CWM 5.5.0.4. I am seeing the backup that I made with the recovery apk that I posted earlier. The next step to find out how similar the LTE2 hardware is. If it is using the same setup for the partition, I will try my hardest to build CM10 from 985hPaKicK's github page.

CWM Recovery

This is where I found the recovery.

artinattleboro

Reaction score
Thanks asianflavor

I've been following your posts, didn't get backup to work yesterday, however working fine now. Can't wait for CM10 for this awesome phone.

Art

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
I finally have some free time today so I going to research the some ROMs that are created for the LTE2 to see if it's an easy port or if we could just load it up since this is a global phone.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Finally got my build box working but having an issue repo init 985hPaKicK's git. Cannot find manifest.xml. Not sure how to go about getting that. Again, not a ROM dev by any means. But looking around with comparisons for the LTE2 and Spec 2, the RIL code should be compatible. I'm not sure if any LTE2 would brick the Spec 2 due to different partition sizing. I think our phone would work with any V10N ROMs. I found CM10, AOKP, and MIUI for the V10N. I have no problems flashing the phone withe one of these but I would feel better if we could get better eyes on this. I will most likely take the plunge and flash one these ROMS but I want to make sure I don't have a perm brick due to wrong partition size format from a LTE2 ROM.

artinattleboro

Reaction score
Backup

I don't blame you for being careful. Mine is a work phone, so bricking would not be good, soft brick OK just not dead.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
Here are our mount points for the partition. Looking at a LTE2 CM10 ROM updater script, they are matching. So question is, will their RIL and partitioning work on our Spec 2. There still would need work to change out the Korean IME to English. That is an easy change if I can pull the git.

Code:
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,resuid=1000,errors=continue,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,discard 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fotapkg /fotapkg ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sns /sns ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/drm /persist-lg ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/mpt /mpt ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tombstones /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/external_sd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

Now I would really love to get a dev aboard on this. I am going to keep learning and figure all this out, but I have to watch out that I don't perma-brick my phone. I am waiting to buy a house and the banks have been calling for info. Also, need to tether this phone at work so I have something to do while I have downtime.

micrors4

Reaction score
We are so close to custom ROMs now, thank you so much Asianflavor for getting this working. How did you get this working, my Vietnamese is a little rusty and google translate is far from perfect. If I can get CWM working I will take the plunge and flash the ROM because if I do brick my phone I have insurance on it so I can just play dumb to get a new one like I did with my last phone.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
We are so close to custom ROMs now, thank you so much Asianflavor for getting this working. How did you get this working, my Vietnamese is a little rusty and google translate is far from perfect. If I can get CWM working I will take the plunge and flash the ROM because if I do brick my phone I have insurance on it so I can just play dumb to get a new one like I did with my last phone.

As much as I need be a 'hero' right now, I did not do anything. I found two new versions of the LTE2recovery files by 985hPaKick and luckily I found one that works. I am looking into the ROMs these Vietnamese and Korean have done. Love my asian brothers (I'm Japanese). The recovery is fully working with screen and all. From what I see in the ROMS that were created for the LTE2, there ROMs should work with our phone, albeit it maybe in Korean. What is not working for you? From the 2nd-init software, you just need to click 2nd-init Recovery then give it root. Then it will say success, click ok. Click on Reboot Recovery and you should reboot into CWM.

The CM10 that I was looking at earlier is here:
From what I understand after looking at the update-script in the ROM, the \system partition matches what I found a couple of post ago. I would still feel better having a dev guide us through, but if you want to flash, good luck. As I said before, not a dev by definition, but I can read basic code. I'm still learning how to cook ROMs. I'm just glad that I found CWM for our phones.

micrors4

Reaction score
That was what I did but it just reboots back into android and when I open the app it will only let me uninstall CWM but it never allows me to reinstall it again no matter how many times I uninstall the app.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
That's strange... I don't have any options to uninstall CWM with the 2nd-init Recovery. I only have the two buttons for the install and reboot. I did verified I uploaded the correct recovery apk file to MF. Can you post a screenshot of the program opened?

micrors4

Reaction score
I.had two versions of the app on my phone from my last droid because the apps are all backed.up with google, but I got rid of it and yours is Working I will post Back in A few minutes

micrors4

Reaction score
Flashed the ROM and it just stayed on the boot loading screen but I think I forgot to clear the cache before rebooting so I will try again tonight if I can get the phone working again.

OP
asianflavor

asianflavor

Reaction score
If u can get into diwnload mode, u should be safe. Let me know. I have one meeting at work tomorrow and I will look into the ROMs to see what is going on.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2