Words With Friends (iPhone) - Similar game for Droid?

blaze9794

Reaction score
I'd gladly pay $10-20 for scrabble right now. Anything it takes! Someone, please make a scrabble game!!

mdhuber25

Reaction score
(bump)

if this isnt being worked on for the droid, does anyone know anything comparable? maybe not a scrabble type game, but any leisurely turn based game? something simple that uses your brain and can be played with multiple people in different sessions? im thinking more puzzle/thinker than RTS/RPG.

chrisaba1

Reaction score
Just downloaded WORDwise Pro, a scrabble clone and adequate replacement for Words with friends, not as polished, but finally something close. You can also play with other people over internet. Worth every penny of the 99 cents.

Installed it on two HTC incredible phones, and is working quite well

Boc

Reaction score
They also have a free version, but it limits you to only 3 games active...:icon_ banana:

livezstrong

Reaction score
Bump. I want a similar game to that of Words with Friends. WORDwise Pro is alright. Not as clean format. And choppy on the Droid.

JCouch333

Reaction score
Try Wordfeud...its pretty much the same as Words With Friends...I found it yesterday and have been playing non-stop.

Reaction score
I prefer Wordwise Pro (not sure how a static screen game can be choppy?). I also play WordFued but have a lot more connection issues. Wordfued is much better at random player matching.

I'm always looking for people to play so hit me up at [email protected]

jpeeps05

Reaction score
wordfued is the best scrabble clone game out (for android).. wordwise is pretty second class..

Reaction score
wordfued is the best scrabble clone game out (for android).. wordwise is pretty second class..

that would be what the professionals call - an opinion.

I much prefer Wordwise.

Wordfeud REALLY needs an option to avoid the ads. I don't even mind the ads it's the pause that seems to occur while it searches and fails to load an ad. When they do load they load fast, but when they don't load it seems to take forever.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i think as far as game play wordfeud is better. as far as connection goes wordwise is better. the board layout is better on wordfeud. the board on wordwise isnt a traditional board but it still doesnt have all the TL,DL DW spaces like wordfeud. as far as ads are concerned if youre rooted use the ad blocker ;) i dont have the ads issue :)

Reaction score
i think as far as game play wordfeud is better. as far as connection goes wordwise is better. the board layout is better on wordfeud. the board on wordwise isnt a traditional board but it still doesnt have all the TL,DL DW spaces like wordfeud. as far as ads are concerned if youre rooted use the ad blocker ;) i dont have the ads issue :)

There's quite a lot of misinformation in this post :)

Preference on gameplay is an opinion, i prefer wordwise

Wordfeud is not a traditional board (you didn't say it was but your wording was misleading). Wordfeud makes it ridiculously easy to get double word and triple word on the same go, leading to some very lopsided games.

Wordwise absolutely does have the same TL,DL,DW spaces, just not in the same place. It's also not a balanced board, they are laid out a little differently on each side.

I am rooted, I tested with ad-blocker and it is faster without it. With ad-blocker there was a delay of 10-15 seconds after EVERY time I pressed PLAY. Without ad-blocker it is instant 33% of the time with no ad, straight to an add 33% of the time (which is fast) and 20 second or so delay while it searches for an ad the rest of the time.

+ I love the concept of getting a game for free from a hardworking developer then choosing to block the only way he can make money dancedroid

jpeeps05

Reaction score
wordfeud lets you chose either a traditional board or a randomly generated board. you can chat in wordfeud.wordwise is actually pretty lame. the only way you have lopsided games in wordfeud is if you dont really know how to play....

Reaction score
wordfeud lets you chose either a traditional board or a randomly generated board. you can chat in wordfeud.wordwise is actually pretty lame. the only way you have lopsided games in wordfeud is if you dont really know how to play....

Not correct. It lets you choose a "standard" board or a random. The standard board is NOT the traditional board (Hasbro has that copywrighted). The TW, DW etc. are in totally different places.

shawtyslikeamelody

Reaction score
There is one like Words with Friends, but its not the exact same. It is called Word Feud. Very fun, I might add..