1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WOOT WOOT FOR THE ROOT!! Now i need more widgets :-(

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by Gagemeister894, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 New Member

I finally broke down and rooted my phone, and installed Smoked Glass v4.5! I love it all, oh and I overclocked to 900mhz :) No problems as of yet. But, with me having 5 home screens with this ROM I am out of widgets to take place for me to use and optimize my phone. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions on some Widgets that are awesome, fun, and/or that work.

I currently have:

Google Weather/news
    beautiful widgets
    myspace
    youtube
    google search bar
    and of course any of the widgets that came stock on the phone
  2. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

if you use calendar alot, CalWidget
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

pure grid calendar, if your hardcore into google calendar... it's a lot more organized and if you set the widget up right it looks amazing. (and by the way, I am thinking about rooting just so i can overclock a little and have a better UI... but I am afraid because i dont wanna completely f-up my droid. Plus I dont really have the money to buy a new one if i ruin it. And lastly, if I root it, can I then un-root just in case [so the warrenty isnt voided])
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  4. RedBull

RedBull New Member

I just rooted this morning. Went smoother than the videos on YouTube that I utilized by a person named vtothez. Here is the link on Alldroid. AllDroid - View topic - Video Guides - Rooting, Nandroid backup, Unrooting, Cust ROM

I was nervous at first...but if you get the files downloaded, and follow his directions...it's quite simple...he tells you how to root it, back it up, and then install your ROM and download the program to OC your processor. If you decide to do it...those videos rocked.
  5. icculusX

Agree. Just to face my fears I rooted and installed a ROM the other day, then unrooted and went back to stock, just to make sure i could. Now I am rooted again with the new Smoked Glass with 2.1 Launcher (no live wallpapers as that crashes my phone every 4 minutes, bummer)

Anyway, still recommend the pure grid, 1x2 - 3 week calendar. I only like it cause it looks great on the 'desktop' and if you have many different calendars with color codes it shows them on the days. Enjoy.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Careful with that 2.1 launcher. It's known to cause all kinds of FC. I think you'd be better off with live wall paper and remove the 2.1 launcher.
  7. icculusX

Understood. However, I have been running the 2.1 and it's been fine. Had no problems, creshes, or freezes yet. Live wallpapers seemed to screw it for me?
  8. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

Easiest way by far to root and install a stable rom would be droidmod 1.0. Also extremely easy to return to stock also if needed.
  9. christim

christim Super Moderator

SlideShowWidget.apk for roots and nonroots
    Also there is a sticky for Goodies from other phones, For the Droid and us.! in the hacks section of the forums. The slide show widget lets you get 4 screens per desktop. Perfect for sucking up space while displays photos from whichever folder you choose. The only thing that would make it better would be if you could choose the size of the display frame. It is fixed at 2x2.
Search tags for this page
make widgets rooted phone
root widgets
rooted weather widgets

rooted widgets

widgets fir rooted andriods