Woot! Got My DX2

tb110895

Reaction score
I'm going for the thunderbolt over this. It has better dev support and the bootloader was unlocked.

Your going to need all that dev support , sorry but from everything Ive read the tb is junk and that is exactly why I waited for the DX2!

I would take random reboots that are being fixed currently, over a locked bootloader any day.

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm going for the thunderbolt over this. It has better dev support and the bootloader was unlocked.

Your going to need all that dev support , sorry but from everything Ive read the tb is junk and that is exactly why I waited for the DX2!

I would take random reboots that are being fixed currently, over a locked bootloader any day.

To each his own I suppose . However my phone works great right out of the box ! The next update I'll see is gingerbread. How many have you had already ?

tb110895

Reaction score
Don't have a thunderbolt yet but I don't even bother updating OTA because I like custom ROMs
Already rocking GB on my D2 though
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

wildbill86

Reaction score
My brother has a TB, and hasn't had a problem out of it yet, no reboots, no bugs of any sort. It's crazy how these new phones come out and it's about a 50/50 chance on getting one that just doesn't function properly. I didn't like my D2G at first, but after a factory data reset the little issues went away. Granted the sync stuff doesn't work properly, but I'm not really too worried about that anyway. I'm not calling anybody on here a liar, I believe the issues are real, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sent from my rooted D2G

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Being a former DX user there was no way I was gonna stick with locked boatloaders and little dev support...love my old DX but I love my tbolt even better..dunno bout the OP but mine runs like a champ (CM7) ...I just didn't see the point in the DX2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bigdad63

Reaction score
Being a former DX user there was no way I was gonna stick with locked boatloaders and little dev support...love my old DX but I love my tbolt even better..dunno bout the OP but mine runs like a champ (CM7) ...I just didn't see the point in the DX2

Won't be getting 4G for a while. The superb: screen, camera, video capture, D/L speeds, graphics, flash, netflix, gaming, and ability to see the screen very well in direct sunlight were enough to make me upgrade from my D1.

grgguy

Reaction score
All these guys with their staticbolt's (echmm thunderbolts ) are seeming a bit insecure now that a new Moto phone has come out .....they are like broken records with this unlocked bootloader crap ....Seems to me they can have their unlocked bootloader . I'll take the ability to actually leave my charger at home . I got my DX2 friday evening and just charged it fully for the first time this morning .

yutzybrian

Reaction score
The Droid 1 had a locked bootloader too didn't it? Look at its section on the forum and how many roms and users with flashed phones it has :D

We will overcome

mach330

Reaction score
how's the qHD screen? how does it compare to retina display?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
@the OP
You realize the same thing can happen to your DX2, it is a software glitch, not a hardware issue that will be fixed soon enough.

Why am I not using my TB you ask. My droid needs some love too.

UNC

Reaction score
The Droid 1 had a locked bootloader too didn't it? Look at its section on the forum and how many roms and users with flashed phones it has :D

We will overcome

The Droid's bootloader was not locked or encrypted. The thunderbolt bootloader IS locked... There is a huge difference between locked and encrypted...

To the op, I also returned the tb for battery lameness and instability. Tell me what you think of Dx2 after a week, I may pick one up to go with my Droid and iphone. Hardware wise Apple and Motorola slap HTC down, but it makes sense when you consider how many models HTC releases every month...

yutzybrian

Reaction score

We will overcome

The Droid's bootloader was not locked or encrypted. The thunderbolt bootloader IS locked... There is a huge difference between locked and encrypted...

To the op, I also returned the tb for battery lameness and instability. Tell me what you think of Dx2 after a week, I may pick one up to go with my Droid and iphone. Hardware wise Apple and Motorola slap HTC down, but it makes sense when you consider how many models HTC releases every month...

Doh my bad. I thought all moto droids to date had been locked

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rushmore

Reaction score
Quick comparison:

TB

*Better dev support (if low level or non-rooter, this is not an advantage)

*4G

*More ram (few hundred megs, but Android 2.2 and higher can fill that up too)

DX2

*Far more powerful and as good or better battery life (when TB is switched to 3G mode, else the TB can be bad with battery). Test N64 and FPse PSX games. No comparison. Games that choke on the TB are smooth on the DX2.

*I thought the TB had a good display, but the DX2 is far better. Better contrast and brightness. Though a pentile display, the higher res offsets this. Looks better than the Atrix and reviewers point this out as well.

*Better reception with phone, data and wifi radios (sans 4g of course)

*Better build

*Fits easier in the hand, due to shape (easier one hand operation)

Shame Tegra 2 did not get along with VZW LTE radio chips.

Last edited:

rushmore

Reaction score

If a hardcore rooter, I can see the advantage with the TB, but most folks are lower level rooters (Gingerbreak, Titanium & Busybox) like me that would rather have a device that works well and not have to deal with the hassles and risks of rooting and adding new roms.

I was opposite with my G1 and Incredible, but the rom scene is getting old for me. Just want it to work.

DX2 from that perspective and if no 4G in areas for longtime, makes it a better purchase over the TB. Even with 4G it is a debate.