woohoo

Psyman

Reaction score
Downloading the update at the moment..I'm not a soak tester..so it must be the OTA.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I am also downloading the update. It seems to be suspending the update every few minutes and in the last 15 minutes I have received 1% LOL! This is the OTA update with Verizon. Something tells me this is going to be a long night! BF3 updates tomorrow morning and the JB update also in the same day! What more could I ask for? *Awaits the harassment after this one* Well, I would like to see BB10 on my playbook today also but that's not going to happen anytime soon :_( .

stevenlf82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
@stevenlf512
I started my download @ 12:15am & it's just now @ 60% .

lowfatdog

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't switch to wifi or have your wifi on. I thought that would maybe make it download faster....it kept suspending it when I did that. I shut off my phone and restarted it and it is downloading quickly now (well a lot faster). It should be done in about 10 minutes (crosses fingers).

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Whatever you do, don't switch to wifi or have your wifi on. I thought that would maybe make it download faster....it kept suspending it when I did that. I shut off my phone and restarted it and it is downloading quickly now (well a lot faster). It should be done in about 10 minutes (crosses fingers).
Downloading just fine on my old Maxx this way. It downloaded pretty damn quick as well. Did not even take a minute. It is installing as I type this.
Start to finish was 12 minutes with download to install!! :)

OP
Psyman

Psyman

Reaction score
Kinda sad tho no circle widgets..buddy has the Max HD and has them.. nice features

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Kinda sad tho no circle widgets..buddy has the Max HD and has them.. nice features
That is an M, Razr HD and Maxx HD feature only in JB. It is nice I must admit, but not part of your update. It has been mentioned you can install them via another way, but I never tried it on my Maxx.

OP
Psyman

Psyman

Reaction score
I read you could do that..but also red the functionality of them was very limited..he can receive notifications thru them, gonna give it a whirl, thanks usmc. semper fi!

side note, did you install the launcher as well or just the widgets?

OP
Psyman

Psyman

Reaction score
Well so far ive got root , need to wait till payday to get the root explorer so i can edit the permissions. just a few days away.. ive tried to copy the launcher over to the system folder but it wont let me

usmc111111

Reaction score
Well so far ive got root , need to wait till payday to get the root explorer so i can edit the permissions. just a few days away.. ive tried to copy the launcher over to the system folder but it wont let me

I didn't bother with the permissions and works fine except for GPS toggle which I just use smart actions for or go to actual settings and it works there