Won't turn on, tried everything.

SAMiAM2332

Reaction score
So yesterday I had a bag of ice for my shoulder out and i wasnt using it and i fell asleep and it made a pool of water and my phone just so happened to be sitting there. but that was all taken care of and it was working fine.
i went to plug my phone in and it was off so it showed the large battery and that it was charging. When i woke up it was like 80% so i took it off and tried to turn it on but it woulnt. now I cant to anything. it wont turn on and if i try to plug it into my wall charger the motorola m will show up regardless if the battery is in or out. my warranty is all up so getting one wihtout paying full price is out of the question. I just need a temprary fix until december because thats when my upgrade is available.
I've tried taking the battery out and replacing it and I tried the x method reset and I've asked anybody I know to try to get it to work but nothings working. if anybody has any suggestions on how I can revive it tell me because I am freaking out and I just want my phone back.
Thanks in advance:)

Barchetta

Reaction score
Sounds liek something inside may still be wet. One last ditch effort to try;
1. get a bag of white rice (dry, I'm sure you know that, but you would be suprised)
2. get a good size bowl, 1 quart minimum
3. fill the bowl 3/4 full
4. pull the battery
5. bury the phone and the battery cover (don't put cover back on, seperate the two) in the rice
6. put somewhere dry, a high shelf will work
7. leave it there for 24 hours
8. take the phone and battery cover out and put the battery in and see if it works.

This isn't 100%, but has saved many phones dropped in the toilet, etc. RIce is a humectrant and should draw water off the circuit boards. There are other methods, but this saved my wife's phone