Won't Stop Downloading File

Starky

Reaction score
Not sure what I am missing here, but I was opening a link from an email, I think it was a Mobile Me slide show, but it was taking FOREVER to download. I exited my browser, killed all apps running, but it shows it is still downloading in my toolbar. I've tried doing a hard press on it to see if I have the option to stop it, but nothing happens. I've tried pressing the menu button while I have the toolbar pulled down, nothing happens. I've deleted the file from Astro File Manager, still downloading. I've turned off the phone, and even removed the battery but when I turn the phone back on, it is STILL downloading. I can't find anything in the settings menu that will help either.

Any ideas? Right now, my only option is to let it finish, which may not happen until tomorrow at this rate.....

Last edited:

mungofromtheshire

Reaction score
Thats weird. I don't know what to tell ya. I would kill the download, shut everything down, wait ten minutes and restart. Let us know what fixes this please.

OP
S

Starky

Reaction score
Nothing I did would kill the download. When I turned off the phone and removed the battery, I left it out for more than 5 minutes, put it all back together, and when I restarted it, it showed it was still downloading. 3 hours later, it finished downloading and I deleted it. During the download it drained my battery pretty quick and I noticed other apps were running a little slower. Frustrating, but no damage done....I guess. Everything seems to be back to normal now.

Jon Vito

Reaction score
moral of the story is....

dont download random files from emails on your phone..thats what your PC is for :)