Won't stay on home screen

showzr

Reaction score
My HTC droid will not stay on the home screen. When I go to it, it stays for about 10 seconds then moves to the furthers left screen. I have shut it down, and also have taken the battery out, still the same problem. How do I fix this?

li2327

Reaction score
Try doing a hard reset. That seems to fix most problems. Good luck. I'm sure others will chime in with a possibly less severe solution.

lizlondon23

Reaction score
Hey there Showzr! My Droid is doing the same thing! Did you ever find a fix for it? Its driving me crazy!!

portermac

Reaction score
I have two options, one is to reboot meaning turn your phone off and back on. You may have a small glitch that rebooting will fix.
If that doesn't work, I have introduced you to the two best launchers out. ADW and Launcher Pro. You can customize your screens like crazy like 3 to 7 homescreens and about a hundred other cool ways to customize.
I have used both and they are equally great but i was getting some lag from Launcher Pro so i have been with ADW for a while with no problems.
It will be a big change from the Default launcher and a learning curve but well worth it. Might as well use your smart phone to it's full potential. You will love it once you start using it. good luck

portermac

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot you already turned off and battery pull.
I have not used the default launcher in so long i've forgotten what customizing if any it has. But I think it sounds like your main screen is what it keeps going back to. You could move your apps around to the first screen. But I would still recommend ADW and Launcher pro.

lizlondon23

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice! Um not sure its a launcher problem...when I have this problem it messes up how I type...like the cursor won't stay in one spot....its almost lie the sensors are off.....I have tried the g sensor calibration but it doesn't seem to do anything. I think the problem happens when my battery starts to get low. Maybe I should try a factory reset and see if that helps?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App