Won't ring!!

davidsm3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a problem, my droid will not ring. Sometimes I will see the caller call but it won't have sound and sometimes it goes straight to voice mail. Also, when I click "phone ringtone" under settings it comes up "Sorry! The application Setting has stopped unexpectedly" and I have to force close.

What do I do?? Help ):

Also, I heard that maybe doing a hard reset/bringing it to factory state may fix it, would I lose my pictures and contacts?

ShowTime

Reaction score
Hmm I'm not really sure what could be causing your issue. But I can say that your contacts and apps are/can be synced with your Gmail account and can be restored.

rbmbb

Reaction score
I had the same problem you experienced. I factory reset my phone and all is working again. The phone updated all of my contacts including their pictures and also some of my apps as well!

Best phone I have ever purchased!!! :icon_ banana:

p1mple

Reaction score
I had the same problem you experienced. I factory reset my phone and all is working again. The phone updated all of my contacts including their pictures and also some of my apps as well!

Best phone I have ever purchased!!! :icon_ banana:
Nice!! Thank you! Can you tell me how you did the factor reset? And it automatically knew your gallery and contacts?

Droid is amazing :]

rbmbb

Reaction score
Nice!! Thank you! Can you tell me how you did the factor reset? And it automatically knew your gallery and contacts?

Droid is amazing :]

First power off the phone. Then while holding down the X key, press and hold the power on button.(Hold both keys down simultaneously) You can let go when you the triangle icon appears.

Next you have to press the volume rocker key(the volume UP key)and the camera key at the same time. You will know you are successful when you see the boot menu appear. Using the directional pad, move to down to the factory reset option, then select yes. Afterwards press the select button to reboot the phone and you will have everything the way it was on day one.
*Note: You will have to call Verizon to turn the phone back on, but the Droid should walk you through those steps easily. ALSO!!!! Make sure you have the Sync "on" with your GMAIL account.(To check, go to settings/accounts & sync/manage accounts. you should see your gmail email address and the words "Sync is ON". Otherwise it won't work.

Good luck and hopefully I have answered your question!