Won't play music through headphones

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
Almost every morning when I try to play music through my headphone jack, it won't play. The music Apps are playing the music but there's no sound, and if I take my earphones out my phone plays the music correctly. I still hear notifications and calls through my earphones, it's only music that won't play. I've tried different Apps and different earphones but nothing changes. The only way I can get it to play is restarting the phone. The only thing that happens on my phone every morning is my alarm. I'm using goodmorning, i've searched through the settings and can't find anything. I havn't tried to recreate it yet, i'll try that later. But I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone has any ideas. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Mine did that once randomly, but it works every day for me since I hook it up in the car to listen to iheartreadio.

Sent from my rooted Droid 3

MattInMN

Reaction score
A couple of weeks after buying my D3, the headphone jack stopped working completely. I searched the forums and didn't find anything and never found a setting that might have changed, so I called customer support and they sent me a refurbished D3. The rep said they had no reports of this on record. The new phone is fine.

RadzPrower

Reaction score
I do not use that app. Mine only did it the one time. I just rebooted the phone to fix mine. Your's sounds like a different problem as I assume you reboot your phone every so often.

Sent from my rooted Droid 3

OP
S

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
Dang, I really don't want to have to get a new phone... =(

Ya, I have to restart my phone everytime it does it, so I restart it almost every morning, and it just comes back the next morning. After restarting it, it works the rest of the day, so something has to be causing it every night, and I know it's not the headphone jack because the notifications and calls still work.