1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Won't load ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DieselDank, May 29, 2011.

1. DieselDank

DieselDank New Member

I got the buy 1 get 1 free Droid ages ago. Rooted my droid and now I cracked my screen so on to the next Droid.

I had rooted it at the same time as my original one. Everything worked fine. Now that I am using it I go to upload the newest chevy rom and I have problems. This happens with every rom and am not sure what to do.

After wiping and everything I do the update.zip and it says:
    - - Install from sdcard ...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I do not have the option on this phone, like the other, to enable or disable signature verification.

The only things available at me recoveryboot is:
    Reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache partition
    Wipe Baseband date

It gets stuck at the boot up image so this is the only access I have to my phone and cannot mount it either.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP???????

Muchos gracias in advance
    And yes I signed up just to post this question but have lurked this website since droid came out, thanks.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

3. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

+1 on the root process, you can try redownloading the ROM too, maybe from a mirror link or something. Download it again and verify the checksums and file size to make sure you didn't get a bad download. But yes as Cup said, it seems like with the options available that you didn't get a full root and still have the stock recovery on there.
  4. DieselDank

DieselDank New Member

That's great to know all I need to do is get a newer recovery but there is no way for me to do that.

Since I can't mount it I can use my old phone and sd card to get the newest rzr but when I go to install it on the new phone it won't take the update because of the premissions thing. So how should I be able to update the recovery when I only have access to the recovery.

CAN ANYBODY HELP?
  5. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

cant you just install rom manager to flash cwk? the problem is that you lost the recovery. This happens to droids alot. when you are on stock, the recovery reverts back to the stock recovery when you reboot your phone. so when you flash cwk, dont check to make sure its there.
  6. DieselDank

DieselDank New Member

How do I flash a new one when I only have access to the recovery screen it will not boot up. It gets stuck at the loader so I can only access the recovery mode.... what do I do?
    Does anybody understand my problem?
  7. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

You don't need to put anything on your sdcard in order to flash a recovery using the method I linked. Essentially you install a few things on a PC, boot your phone into the bootloader (which if you can get into recovery you should be able to get into it), and then run RSD Lite to install the custom recovery.

You can then, from your custom recovery, mount your sdcard if necessary.

Edit I just read that you said it gets stuck on the loader. Do you mean you can't get it into the bootloader?
  8. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Is this an A854 Milestone? I've never seen wipe baseband date.

What does bootloader say? Power+up on dpad.
  9. DieselDank

DieselDank New Member

Is the bootloader when it just has a picture of the phone and an exclamation mark in a triangle?

It goes there and then I get into the recovery. Those are my only two options other than powering the phone regularly which won't get past the droid image and start up. Thanks again for coming back to this thread to continue to help.

But it says in step 2 I need to put the file on the root of my sd

"Copy MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip to the root of your phone's SD card and name it as update.zip."

Sorry for the noobiness, I never had any problems with my other one so never had to get to deep into rooting knowledge. I will follow all of the steps from the link you gave me (already read it) but it seems like its not going to be able to complete the process considering my current state of access....
    I can't even mount my SD lol And yes I read the more detailed instructions but still am ont sure it will work. Thanks again though.

And to the other person it is an OG Droid not milestone.
  10. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Bootloader is:

from power off state, press and hold up on dpad (up as in towards the screen) and then hold power.

Tell us what that screen says. That's where you flash the custom recovery via RSDLite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. DieselDank

DieselDank New Member

Thanks,
    It says :

Bootloader
    2c.7c

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

Thanks for helping me with bootloader. I'm sure following the steps from the link given to me will work now that I'm here. Thanks. I'm busy as **** right now so will try it later.. should work thanks again. I will post my status tonight.
Search tags for this page
android revolution won't load past recovery

i downloaded a rom to my phone and i cant load it

my rom wont download

my rom wont load

rom wont load

runes of magic wont load
why my rom wont boot except recovery
why won't my phone download roms
why won't my phone open roms
why won't my rom load

why wont my phkne load roms