Won't install On My X Rubix Focused

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I attempted installing this ROM on my X but it wouldn't install. I am on .340 and went through bootstrapper but no luck. It would say "installing update" but thats it, it would never begin the installation. Has anyone else had this problem? I REALLY wanted to give this ROM a shot cause it sounds great and gets great reviews. I was running Blurred dark side prior and followed install instructions to a T.

Thanks! :icon_eek:

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I didn't unzip.. Could that have been the problem?? I installed DarkSlide V4.1 w/o unzipping... Is this any different?

oo3

Reaction score
I don't think you're supposed to unzip it. Did you make sure to mount system?

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I didn't mount the system... I am relatively new to ROMS but Have always heard to follow instructions to the T and it is NOT in the instructions for the rom. Is this standard?? Are all of them installed the same?

mcp770

Reaction score
Try downloading the rom again to rule out a bad download. Then try again in bootstrap recovery as the instructions state. I never check to see if the system is mounted either. Worth looking at if the new zip still doesn't install.

robbiem

Reaction score
You need to wipe data and cache.then install. Should work flawless after that

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I might try it again. I am loving darkslide.

Sent from my DROIDX

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Do not unzip it. Just redownload like stated and then boot into bootstrap before installing wipe data and cache. If I am not mistaken it mounts the system by itself before installing, and then install .zip and select the 1.9.5 zip and you should be good to go. If you have more issues post up and lets see if we can't get this solved

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
I installed it no problem...the rom is effin great...just make sure u wipe data/factory reset before or you'll end up in a boot loop

bmali22

Reaction score
Camera don't work for me any suggestions?

Reaction score
Camera don't work for me any suggestions?

Have you tried just restoring to stock backup and seeing if it works then?
if it does then try to re-install rubiX?

I haven't ever had a camera issue at all on rubiX. I use vignette, stock AOSP, and have also re-installed the blur camera.

bmali22

Reaction score
On the stock rom the camera works. It doesn't work on rubix even after a wipe and re install... I'm on the ota so I don't think I need to patch anything do I?

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Wiping data and cache has appeared to have worked. So I can understand better why do you think that it wouldn't install prior to doing this?