1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wont charge w wi-fy on

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by mattbuds, Jul 27, 2010.

1. mattbuds

mattbuds New Member

Last night I left my wy-fy connected (I use it at home to save battery) and put it on the charger, I woke up this morning and it had not charged at all. I turned the wi-fy off and it immediatly started charging... Is there a way to set it up so that it will charge w wi-fy on incase I forget...
    Droid X
  2. Humpa

Humpa New Member

It should charge fine with wifi on. Reboot the phone and try it again.
  3. stryguy

stryguy New Member

So it literally doesn't go into charge mode (the battery icon doesn't show it charging) or it's charging but burning the charge as fast as it's being charged?

Are you plugged into a AC to USB wall charger or into a USB port on a computer?
  4. rolandct

rolandct New Member

Mine charges fine connected to PC (charge only mode) with WiFi on.
  5. mattbuds

mattbuds New Member

It litteraly does not go into charge mode, I had never noticed it before because I always turn everything off ie: bluetooth, wi-fy. It was plugged into the wall, after a previous post I did a reboot and tried to charge it w wi-fy on and same thing, no charge indicater... Just wondering if I am missing a setting?
  6. stryguy

stryguy New Member

There's no settings to change, I plug mine in and it charges, doesn't matter what's turned on.

I wouldn't mess around and just take it back and get a new one while you are still in your 30 days and will get an actual new one rather then a refurbished one.
  7. mattbuds

mattbuds New Member

I just tried it at work and it worked fine with wi-fy on but not connected to a wi-fy connection, at home its always connected because of the router in my house. So it will only not charge with wi-fy on and connected... Maybe your right Stryguy, I should just go exchange it while I still can...
  8. stryguy

stryguy New Member

I have a Droid X and so does my wife and they both charge with Wifi on and connected to our home router. Then when I'm at work I have wifi on and it's not connected yet it still charges.

I'd return it just for the peace of mind.