Wonky Bionic touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proletariate

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in dire need of help, for I rely on this phone for work and have a massive day tomorrow. The touch screen on my bionic just went all wonky. It is unresponsive, possessed by demons and sometimes just a little lazy. I have done all the no-brainer things like pull the battery, clean the screen, remove screen protector, and then I did a factory reset (no help) and finally I flashed it with the instructions from this link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

Is there any software fixes I can use to remedy this situation? If you are reading this do you think I need to replace the digitizer? Thank you

OP
P

Proletariate

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in dire need of help, for I rely on this phone for work and have a massive day tomorrow. The touch screen on my bionic just went all wonky. It is unresponsive, possessed by demons and sometimes just a little lazy. I have done all the no-brainer things like pull the battery, clean the screen, remove screen protector, and then I did a factory reset (no help) and finally I flashed it with the instructions from this link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

Is there any software fixes I can use to remedy this situation? If you are reading this do you think I need to replace the digitizer? Thank you

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done everything I would have suggested.

Is this all the time or only when plugged in?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a digitizer issue tbh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Pardon me for butting in... but have you tried pulling the battery out for a few (5) minutes?? Its worked wonders on my bionic before... :)

OP
P

Proletariate

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to respond Guidot. I have watched youtube videos on replacing the digitizer on a Bionic. Do you have any pointers or tips if I were to do this repair on my own?

OP
P

Proletariate

Reaction score
"Pardon me for butting in... but have you tried pulling the battery out for a few (5) minutes?? Its worked wonders on my bionic before... " Yep definitely tried that, as well as using a fan on this hot summer day in an attempt to expel any condensation... I honestly don't think moisture was my issue, but other threads I read had that problem.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Same thing happened on my d1 and i has to replace the digitizer. My bionic does the same thing here and there. I narrowed my issue down to being caused by heat.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon! If there is no water damage or anything they will replace it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bump

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't root, but it sounds like your device is unstable somehow...perhaps an rs member can chime in and help you here.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might be jumping on a dead thread but every once in awhile my Bionic goes stupid while I am plugged in. As soon as I unplug, it clears up.

Status
Not open for further replies.