Wondering why this Forum isn't more active?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
So, I've been monitoring this forum ever since picking up my VZW G2 in January. I've noticed that there is not a lot of traffic. That usually means that the phone is either too old, not owned by a lot of people, or there are no problems. I can say from my own experience, the phone is the best that VZW has to offer, so I doubt that it's not owned by many. Since its the latest offering from LG, it's not too old, so that only leaves me with there are not many issues and no reason to post. Right?

My own experience with the G2:

• I've had 1 issue that I had to send it back to LG to be repaired. My Hotspot stopped working one day for no reason. LG refurbished it and sent it back. They even replaced the screen that had a couple of small marks on it. That was a big bonus!
  • Rooting was simple and easy.
  • Its by far the fastest Android phone I've ever owned.
  • The screen is beautiful.

So, am I right? No one is really having any issues, so no need to post?

Last edited:

emilioaponte

Reaction score
So, I've been monitoring this forum ever since picking up my VZW G2 in January. I've noticed that there is not a lot of traffic. That usually means that the phone is either too old, not owned by a lot of people, or there are no problems. I can say from my own experience, the phone is the best that VZW has to offer, so I doubt that it's not owned by many. Since its the latest offering from LG, it's not too old, so that only leaves me with there are not many issues and no reason to post. Right?

• I've had 1 issue that I had to send it back to LG to be repaired. My Hotspot stopped working one day for no reason. LG refurbished it and sent it back. They even replaced the screen that had a couple of small marks on it. That was a big bonus!
  • Rooting was simple and easy.
  • Its by far the fastest Android phone I've ever owned.
  • The screen is beautiful.

The LG G2 is the best phone in my long list of BlackBerry Bolds and HTC ONE X, HTC ONE X+, HTC ONE. Try out other's forums; Android Central, XDA, more movement there. And when LG G3 comes out go for it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

devdeuce

Reaction score

[*]I've had 1 issue that I had to send it back to LG to be repaired. My Hotspot stopped working one day for no reason. LG refurbished it and sent it back. They even replaced the screen that had a couple of small marks on it. That was a big bonus!
[*]Rooting was simple and easy.
[*]Its by far the fastest Android phone I've ever owned.
[*]The screen is beautiful.

I was wondering the same thing. When i had the og Razr, i could read new posts all day long and if i asked a question i would get lots of feedback. Now on the g2 there are lots of crickets.

there is no spoon

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Funny, I was just talking about Android in general, and the lack of activity in many of the different phone forums. The O/S itself has matured, which I think contributes greatly. I had the first HTC Eris. Glitchy...maybe just a little? Lol. But no more than me tinkering with Windows through years (uh...I had disks for Windows 1.0....did not mature till 3.1! ! and so on till 8.1). I betcha the manufacturers put in less in their overlays, as more function comes from stock...which I feel gives less glitch. From what I read, the S5 coming soon learned their lesson and less bloat this go around. May see a tick in performance efficiency there too. I deal with IPhone phones time to time with their glitches. Omg, the iCloud, iTunes ,I lost my data, I updated and all my contacts deleted, freezing phones-press power button and round home button for 10 seconds (it doesn't even charger in this state! ! Just like some of the newer Moto's...just sayin'). We owe thanks to Google Android, me thinks.

rjenk

Reaction score
I have three LG G2 phones (me, my son, my Dad) on my account and without a doubt it is the best phone I have ever owned (original Droid, Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx and tried the HTC One). I have not had much luck with Samsung phones due to poor performance of their radios - cell coverage always seems to not be as good as other brands. The HTC One is a very nice phone and I love the styling but the battery life was not that great and at the time it had not been rooted. HTC seems to skimp on battery size. My G2 battery life is as good as my Razr Maxx and performance is excellent. I have not had any bad experiences with any of the three phones I have, in fact I think my son would fight me if I tried to swap it out.

It is sad that LG has not done a very good job of promoting this phone because it really is a winner. My only complaint is the crazy ring/alert tones that are used by default and the square icon used when icons are grouped together (like the round look used by default in Android). All minor. I have recommended this phone to any one that has asked me about phones.

Last edited:

scott craft

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my G2 since I bought it in December. In my opinion the G2 is as good or better than any android phone on the market. This forum is slower. The G2 section of android central has a lot more activity.

eddie7

Reaction score
Most probably don't even know this site has an LG G2 forum. At the top left when you scroll through the phones there is no LG G2 phone. This is by far the best overall Android phone I have ever owned. Just give me my 4.4 update and I am good for another year. dancedroid

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Heh... I was wondering the same thing. I used to be very active here on the Moto Razr forums. Kind of slow here in G2 ville. Androidcentral.com and xda-developers seem to be quite active for the G2 though.

David

OP
scottysize

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Most probably don't even know this site has an LG G2 forum. At the top left when you scroll through the phones there is no LG G2 phone. This is by far the best overall Android phone I have ever owned. Just give me my 4.4 update and I am good for another year. dancedroid
Ya, what's up with that? I had to go to the Forum page and scroll through the 1000's of devices before I found the G2 section. Coming from the Razr, I was just used to looking at the phone pictures at the top and finding mine.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got mine yesterday. Hands down, best phone I've used. Awesome battery life,brilliant screen, easy to root.