wondering what you guys think......

Drew_P

Reaction score
I got this odd text message the other day:
"FREE Verizon msg: Thank you! Act fast and call 855-825-1442 now! You're being rewarded with an upgrade: you are eligible to get a new smartphone for FREE or at a deeply discounted price! Call 855-825-1442 for details + get free shipping included! 2yr Agmt req'd. $30 upgrade fee will apply."

Wondering if anyone else has gotten this before. I've had my tbolt since launch and am looking forward to upgrading to the Note 2. Is this for real or just another way big red is trying to get me to let go of my unlimited data? Any thoughts??

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
For starters I'd call *611 and see if it's real. But if it came as a free VZ text message it probably is real and they want you to reward you with the loss of your unlimited data.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

geoff5093

Reaction score
It sounds legit, they probably want to get everyone off unlimited data.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
See that's what I was thinking as well. Figured they might give me a "free" upgrade if I dumped my unlimited. Then of course if I refused, they would give me the run around about how I couldn't get another subsidized price. Weird thing is, when I last checked my upgrade eligibility, I still had a new every two upgrade. Guess it really has been a while since I upgraded lol

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!