Wondering about my options...

drew

Reaction score
So I had an OG Droid. Loved it. Had it rooted, overclocked and running Sourcery. The screen somehow cracked and i don't remember dropping it.

In my panic, I went to the mall and looked at my options. Thankfully, I was eligible for an upgrade. I looked at the Droid 2 Global, and considered the Fascinate. Chose the D2G because I had some of the accessories (didn't matter because car dock doesn't work).

Anyway, I rooted the D2G and spent all day with it. It seems like it got really hot and and that battery life really seems to be brutal. I like the speed, and even MotoBlur is starting to grow on me with some of the widgets.

Sadly, I rushed to replace the phone rather than doing my due diligence.

Should I have gone with the Fascinate? It seems there's only two ROMs for the D2G that are stable, and not sure about the dev community for the Samsung phones.

I'm thinking about taking the D2G back tomorrow (really wish the Thunderbolt was released), but wanted to get some feedback from the community here to see what they would do.

Thanks in advance.

Drew

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I had an OG Droid. Loved it. Had it rooted, overclocked and running Sourcery. The screen somehow cracked and i don't remember dropping it.

In my panic, I went to the mall and looked at my options. Thankfully, I was eligible for an upgrade. I looked at the Droid 2 Global, and considered the Fascinate. Chose the D2G because I had some of the accessories (didn't matter because car dock doesn't work).

Anyway, I rooted the D2G and spent all day with it. It seems like it got really hot and and that battery life really seems to be brutal. I like the speed, and even MotoBlur is starting to grow on me with some of the widgets.

Sadly, I rushed to replace the phone rather than doing my due diligence.

Should I have gone with the Fascinate? It seems there's only two ROMs for the D2G that are stable, and not sure about the dev community for the Samsung phones.

I'm thinking about taking the D2G back tomorrow (really wish the Thunderbolt was released), but wanted to get some feedback from the community here to see what they would do.

Thanks in advance.

Drew
Do you have another phone? I think you should hold out til the 17 because thats the supported rumored release date but no one in their right mind would actually hold it concrete fact. I suggest grabbing your old enV or whatever and just hanging on a week and use the upgrade on that. And if it doesnt release, well at least you could have had a better phone. If you dont have an old phone im sure you could get a graigslist or ebay one really cheap. Just hold out til 17. Id take D2G back.... (at least wait till the last day in your freebie period to do so though)