Wondering about 2 Apps

taz1458

Reaction score
Is there an app out there something like Verizons Song ID? Where it can listen to a song then tell you what it is? Also how about an app that can block certain phone numbers? i get dumb recording calls and they drive me nuts.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
#1 = Shazam
not sure about blocking calls

OP
taz1458

taz1458

Reaction score
Is there one out there somewhere that doesnt only send it to voicemail?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you can add numbers to your contacts and then choose to put whichever ones you want on a "blacklist" (the number has to be in your contacts). It's built right into Android 2.0 if I remember correctly.

freeloader

Reaction score
I think you can add numbers to your contacts and then choose to put whichever ones you want on a "blacklist" (the number has to be in your contacts). It's built right into Android 2.0 if I remember correctly.

yup, go to contacts list. view contact. menu button, options. check incoming calls (send to voicemail)

but, i dont know of a method that doesnt just straight block the call.

i remember seeing a program on the market that says it blocks calls and requires root. but if i remember correctly many of the comments said it doesnt work.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
Is there an app out there something like Verizons Song ID? Where it can listen to a song then tell you what it is? Also how about an app that can block certain phone numbers? i get dumb recording calls and they drive me nuts.

As for the second question, yes there is just head on over to Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail register for an account, and not only will you be able to block, but you can ditch them and or make them think they have the wrong number or its out of service... want a different greeting for each and every number that call you, yup check it out.

viperboy

Reaction score
CallBlocker can do what you want, but you need to have root access to make it work. It hangs up on the call and doesn't let it even go to VM.