Wonderful Site but One Small Problem

mrbonine

Reaction score
Hi:

I've gotten a lot of help and understanding from this forum. But....how do I turn off the annoyance pop-up I get every time I access this forum from my Droid 2 Global Verizon phone?

Why am I seeing this every time I access from the web using Dolphin?

The page at 'http://www.droidforums.net' says:

This forum is Android Native! Click OK to download our FREE Android App!

No need to comment on the content. How do I make it stop please?

FYI I have the native app installed and have had for some time. I use it occasionally, but not always.

Please advise. To me this is a usability issue that will prevent me from accessing this forum on my phone, which is, perhaps ironic.

Thanks!

Mark

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok it is just saying that droidforums is supported by tapatalk. Makes browsing forums easier. Or you can try the droiforums.net app!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. as mentioned, download DF app from the market.

Droid 2 Global / Xoom... Aloha from Hawaii

OP
M

mrbonine

Reaction score
Explanation

Sorry, I thought I was clear. I have the DroidForums app installed. I still get this annoyance message when I access from the phone from my browser. Every single time. Please how can I turn this off. I got the message, took the action and I'm still hounded.....? Am I missing something here?

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
The website doesn't know you have the app on your phone. It only knows that you're accessing the website from an android browser and informing you that there's an app that makes viewing the website easier. Which is why you'll continually get the little pop-up unless you do something like change your user agent.