Woman's Thigh and Buttocks Impaled After Crashing While Texting

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

For anyone who is ever tempted to text while driving, please just stop immediately. The above video is a painful reminder of what can happen in a split second when taking your eyes off the road while texting (or any other distracted driving).

The woman in the story was only texting for just a moment and crashed her vehicle into a guard rail. She ended up impaled through her thigh and buttocks on a pole. The rescue crew had to saw both ends of the pole before taking her to the hospital.

As horrific as this is, she was incredibly lucky. The doctors indicated that if the pole had struck her leg just small amount in a different direction she would have bled to death. The woman herself is taking this as an opportunity to change her ways and call attention to this stupid mistake that so many make. Her name is Christina Jahnz, and here's a quote from her (not all of which shows up on the video),

"They said if it had gone just a little bit the other way I would have bled out. It's devastating knowing that I could have prevented it to begin with. I just hope my story helps to save the lives of others. Don't text and drive."

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Please don't make fun of her.
Will her insurance rates increase?

Because after all, she was the one who got rear-ended.
I agree...it's not funny. Let's all get "behind" NOT texting and driving!

tap'n on my S5

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not going to butt in on this thread.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With apps out there that allow you to text via bt why would...... never mind.
I just know personally I am tired of some one driving 10 mph in the slow lane, merging without signaling, or driving slow in the right lane while people entering the highway is trying to get over all because the person feels like their conversation is more important than driving.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
With apps out there that allow you to text via bt why would...... never mind.
I just know personally I am tired of some one driving 10 mph in the slow lane, merging without signaling, or driving slow in the right lane while people entering the highway is trying to get over all because the person feels like their conversation is more important than driving.
Yesterday I came to a stop at an intersection and looked over at this gal doing something on her phone with her green light on for at least 5 seconds. The car behind her honked. (She would have been there longer if they hadn't honked). As she began to move forward , she turned around in her seat and flipped them off.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well... She didn't have to drive fast and she still won the pole... Baaahahahahahaha

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
....that's what you call a split decision....
Oh!
(Lord I apologize for that there and please be with the starvin pygmies in New Guinea....)

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well she got the point.. I just hope the new found change is something she can stick with.. If not.. I wonder if its something she'll post?

Could just be a pipe dream..

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I feel for her, she asked for this while texting and driving. However, even more tragic is when an innocent person's life is taken, or affected, by some one texting and driving.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, all joking aside it's crazy how many people I still see in this day and age texting while driving.

tap'n on my S5

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled up to a red light. I grabbed my phone to put a song on Google Play. As I finished I noticed a cop was sitting next to me. I looked over at him and he was watching me look at my phone! LOL I set it down as I was done selecting my song. I wondered if he thought I was texting.