Woke up this morning and...

Coots

Reaction score
Last night before I went to bed, I had no troubles what-so-ever. I wake up this morning and tried to download a new app someone suggested "shape shifter" and let me tell you, it took my phone about 30 minutes to download the app. So I thought it was a fluke.... I tried to download some simple game, like snake or something, it'd go to around 13-15% and stop, go a lilttle further, stop. I mean, is this something I've done? Non-rooted by the way.... Should I call verizon? Any advice is appreciated.

pilot25

Reaction score
I'm going to sound like a Dell rep from Delhi but do a reset and try downloading again.

Darkseider

Reaction score
First check to see if your on 3G or not. If you are and if you can switch to wifi and see if that makes a difference. Another thing to try is to dial *228 then choose option 2. You can also just reboot the phone to see if something decided on being silly.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Ok, just noticed the obvious I guess.... my 3G bars aren't lighting up at the top in the notifications bar. Restarting phone as we speak.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
After restart, opened browser 3G lit up. Tried d/l'n seems to be working now. Don't know what happened.

pdub

Reaction score
Same thing happend to me

I noticed the same thing yesterday morning. Being in IT and thinking I know everything I started to troubleshoot the problem. I uninstalled the few Apps I had installed on Wed night, rebooted 5 times, *18 to reset the signal, *226 - 2 to register. But to no avail, I ended up backing up my phone and Master resetting it, still nothing. I use tether my phone everyday to my laptop at work and have never had a problem so I was very confused when my signal kept completely dropping, then going to 4 bars, then to 3g, then dropping. I'm still not sure whats going on, but for some reason at work (Mid Michigan Area) I get no 3g and 1-4 bars (they tend to change every 15 sec or so) but at home (West Michigan) I get full 3g with no problem. I'm guessing one of the towers was damaged in our heavy storms a few days ago.

Verizon tech support called me back yesterday at 4pm when I was leaving home and everything was working, I agreed that the problem was solved and they closed the ticket, now I have to call them back and reopen another ticket:icon_eek:. Over all I don't think this is a problem with the phone as much as with the cell towers.

# EDIT #
Also I heard that turning Airplane mode On then Off sometimes resets the signal, but this also did not work.

Last edited:
OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
I am going to agree it's a cell tower problem as well. I haven't called them to ask if other people are having issues or not but, my signal is going in and out. I can download an app, it is super fast... download another app, it's slow as your grandma getting to the fridge for a glass of buttermilk.