1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Woke up this AM and phone had turned itself off

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by shiccy, May 15, 2010.

1. shiccy

shiccy New Member

Hey guys I was just checking to see if something like this had happened to anybody else.

I just recently rooted and went with BB. I decided that the stock for BB was just a little slower than I wanted, so I went with the 800mhz version of the ROM. I've had very little problems with it other than a few more FC's than I was used to with stock, but the nice thing is since it's going at a faster clock it recovers faster.

Last night I had set an alarm to wake me up in a few hours. I set the alarm and got some shut eye. When I went to sleep my phone was 100% or darned close, but not plugged in. Fast forward to this morning, and I wake up to find that my phone had somehow turned itself off completely and not rebooted, just turned itself off.

I had originally thought, "**** I left GPS running/an app that was running GPS had not closed correctly and drained my battery." I turned my phone on and plugged it in, but not only was it charged, but it took a look at the battery and pretty much told me that I had an absolute perfect charge on my phone.

Has anybody else encountered this? Is there a native log that allows me to see what the hell happened (fatal error or something)? I know there's a log viewer that's free on the market, but this is the first time I've *ever* encountered this, and I've been running BB for approx a week now!
  2. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

Had something similar when I first tried a 1200LV kernel, cannot remember which ROM I was using at the time. I went to bed with 60%, woke up 4 hours later with a shut off phone that was sitting at 20% when I powered it back on. I always use the power control widget to make sure gps and such is turned off. There was no explanation for it.
  3. shiccy

shiccy New Member

It was just weird that I had 100% before I went to bed and had 100% after I woke up! Hmm.
  4. tobytl

tobytl New Member

I had this happen several times as well, but across many different roms. I think, in my case, after using higher speed overclocks for so long, I may have damaged my battery.

After speaking with a nice girl at the vzw store (and explaining my other problem with shutting down at 15% warning) she slipped me a new battery at no charge. So far, all problems are gone for me. FWIW, don't dismiss hardware waredown, she said they were seeing battery failure at that store with stock phones as well as rooted phones.
  5. mrgarrison

mrgarrison New Member

dang im gonna have to go find a nice girl to give me a battery too :D. this happened to me a few time but i just use a task killer before i go to bed(making sure my alarm clock is unchecked) and turn off gps, autosync, and anything else that would take battery and now it only uses less than 10% overnight and doesnt shut off lol :)
  6. Chris-pee

Chris-pee New Member

Are you using setCPU? If so, if you have profiles on, what is your stanbdy/sleep min? If I have mine set too low, it will do that sometimes. Also i havent had any luck with BB 1.0. FC and random shutdowns , bootloops as well. I went back to BB 0.9 and no problems.
  7. hacksaw

hacksaw New Member

I've had this happen maybe 4 or 5 times. I've got a theory that there's a bug that causes this when it tries to sync while in sleep mode and has trouble getting a connection. I'm guessing this because the only times I've seen it happen are when I've been in areas with poor reception. Not conclusive evidence by any means but it's the best guess I've got.
  8. MyDroid23

MyDroid23 New Member

Sounds like a battery issue. I am on BB1.0+smoked glass+oc1.07slot+helix1 and have yet to experience fc or any other issue people have had with BB1.0. Get a replacement battery and see if that fixes it. Hope it all works out for ya!
  9. s10blazed

s10blazed New Member

Mine has mysteriously rebooted itself on about a dozen times since I've went to BB 1.0. It has happened mostly while it was asleep. But it has also happened while simply browsing the market too. I'm using the 1Ghz LV kernel. I've had rock solid success with a previous 1Ghz kernel with BB .9. I can also recall it happening when using the GPS/Navigation.

I am also curious if there is a log I can check to find more info.
  10. tameone

tameone New Member

Running BB V1.0, 800Mhz LV, no setCPU. My Droid rebooted itself once, coincidentally the very moment I walked into a VZW store! It also shut itself down once, and wouldn't respond to the power button. I had to do a battery pull, then the phone would turn on. Takes more than a one time issue for me to consider this a problem though.
  11. trowa

trowa New Member

I had this problem when I used setcpu to underclock itself when in standby. Also for some weird reason it would stay turned on but my alarm clock would not go off at all. I couldn't explain it at the time. I uninstalled setcpu after it started randomly rebooting when I put it in my multimedia dock. I don't have any of these problems. Even today the alarm went off fine even after I snoozed it twice.