wohooo incredible rooted!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry ahead of time if this is written somewhere else... If I persay rooted my incredible, and downloaded Froyo to it, what risks would be involved?
First of all there is no current Froyo leak for the Incredible. There also aren't any ROMs yet. So at this point if you got through the process and got rooted, then you'd have a stock rooted phone and could delete stock apps you didn't want, install apps to /system, and apply kernels/roms/etc as they start to be developed.
I'm hoping that once the rooting goes mainstream that development for the inc. Will take off. There seems to be a lack of interest until a product gets rooted.
There wasn't too much to do to the Droid until it got rooted either, I'm sure it will take off soon. :)
I personally would not feel comfortable doing it this way....
Same :icon_eek:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I also would like to add that No One here at DF (staff) has tried this procedure.

Please use with common sense.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
True on being smart.

Fisrt one to get it going send me a screenshot and/or a video.

I am also asking the folks on the incredible forum.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im gonna up the ante... The first to root the incredible and PM me proof gets an ezstand.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its either luck of the draw or something is different certain phones as of now. ive rebooted and ran scripts over 300 times on this pos and nothing and some get it on there first try. there is work being done and progress being made. i dont know why you closed my thread on the subject one of the main devs for this posted a link to where the release will be in there but eh what do i know.

http://unrevoked.com/incredible/

kmo

Reaction score
I guess this is the real deal this time? NICE... Not that I'm going to try this method but looks like finally a rooted INC.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
EzEStand huh...If I had an Incredible I would be all over this.

I take it none of yall ever modded the orig PS2 or the Xbox 360. They involved 'timing' procedures too.

Oh yea, I would be all over this. And congrats Inc. owners!! Welcome to the world of root!!!

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont think timing has anything to do with it at the moment... i think there something else going on and they are trying to figure that out

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like somebody may have cracked it. I am awaiting for verification though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See what I don't understand is if it's rooted, fine. How the heck do you install something without a physical keyboard?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish i had an Inc now.....lol I live for moments like this.

Is there a way to found out very specific details of the cpu's in smartphones: revisions, etc.? I had a theory about those things and why some ppl have problems with their Droids.

There has to be a common denominator for the folks that got it to work if its not timing: were they using Core 2 Duo's, PIII's, Intel, AMD', what USB controller, chipset is in their PC, what OS were they running, etc.

I'm excited and I dont even have an Inc. LOL!!

See what I don't understand is if it's rooted, fine. How the heck do you install something without a physical keyboard?

U know u can use SP and CW on the Droid without the keyboard: volume keys, camera button and power button.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The nexus is rooted and it doesnt have a physical keyboard.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks as if we have a winner. I am awaiting screen shots to verify the super user ninja.