woe is me....

shesaid

Reaction score
the learning curve on this Droid X seems way to high...i need all the help i can get..in simple terms !! how do i put facebook on my wallpaper?? how do i download ringtones? how do i add ringtones from emails or for that matter from songs??
thanks for any help i can get...
have a deeeeeeeeeeeelightful day...
regards from florida

FergatROn

Reaction score
Hi shesaid,

Welcome to the wonderful world of open source... and Android. dancedroid

• Facebook, you can get that application from the Android Marketplace. Click on your menu button in order to pull up the apps you have installed on your phone. Scroll down until you find one called "Market". Once you open that app you can search for "Facebook" and install it.
  • I'm not sure where a central site might be to download ring tones, but you can visit most sites and download an .mp3 file. That's basically what your ring tone is.
  • You can save files from your emails, but you'll need a "file manager" application in order to then interact with it. Again; head to the marketplace and do a search for "file manager". "ASTRO File Manager" is a pretty good one, but there are tons of apps to choose from. When you install that app you can then look at the files you have stored in your SD card. The file will probably be located in a "downloads" folder. Do a long-press (press and hold your finger down on the icon) and it'll pull up some options. Most likely one of those options will be to "set as ring tone".
  • Another way to get music to be your ring tone is through the "Music" app. Open that app and do a long-press on any one of the songs. It'll then give you the option to "set as ring tone"