Wma - supported?

Coutman

Reaction score
Why is this file not supported my Androids? Anybody have any recommendations for apps? Love my audible books, but the good ones are wma through the library. Help!

DevonM

Reaction score
It's actually kind of annoying that at this point we're still dealing with software that refuses to recognize common file formats just because it's not the precise one that it was intended for.
Light-weight and robust players should be standard rather than heavy sluggish ones with ridiculous limitations.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Install WinAmp. It's not all that stupid. You need to install additional programs on your PC for all types of formats. This is nothing new. Windows won't open an AutoCAD file either, without some help, an add-on program.

DevonM

Reaction score
My point is, something simple like an audio, video, or image file should be able to be played or viewed on a standard and lightweight player these days, as long as it's not some outrageously specific/niche format.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
WMA is originally a Microsoft specific format and MS and Google don't get along all that well. Oil & water.